Crusaders Will Play Three Contests This Week To Wrap up Regular Season
Overall: 2-12 (1-3 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-1 (0-1 PL)
Scoreboard: No. 11 Lafayette 7, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass. (10/20)
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 24 vs. Brown, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 27, at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 28, at Cornell, Ithaca, N.Y., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross field hockey team will play three contests this week. They will host Brown on Wednesday, Oct. 24 at 6:00 p.m. in its final regular season home contest of the year at the Hart Turf Field. The Crusaders will also play Colgate on Saturday, Oct. 27, at 1:00 p.m. and Cornell on Sunday Oct 28, at 2:00 p.m. to wrap up its regular season. The contest against Brown will be broadcasted on Crusader Vision.
- Holy Cross can clinch its first berth into the Patriot League tournament since 2006 with a victory over Colgate on Saturday.
- The Raiders are led offensively by Eliana Brown, who has seven goals on the season, and Lauren Dittman, with six goals and two assists. Colgate has lost two contests in a row with their most recent coming on Saturday Oct. 20 as they fell to American, 4-1. The Raiders overall record stands at 3-12 overall and 1-3 in the Patriot League.
- The Crusaders played Brown last season as they were defeated by as score of 7-1. Holy Cross last matched up with Cornell on Sept. 23, 2007 and lost, 1-0.
- Holy Cross was defeated on Saturday Oct. 20 by No. 11 Lafayette by a score of 7-0 at the Hart Turf Field. The Crusaders record now stands at 2-12 on the year with a 1-3 mark in the conference.
- Holy Cross has lost its last two meetings against the Leopards with its most recent victory coming in a 2-1 overtime win on Oct. 10, 2009. Lafayette leads the overall series with a 15-13 win-loss record. Junior Jess Dodakian (Shrewsbury, Mass.) made her first career defensive save during the game on Saturday.
- Junior forward Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) leads the team in goals (seven), assists (two) and points (16). In the conference, Grimaudo is seventh in points per game with 1.14, and third in goals per game with 0.50.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Kat Matchett (Maple Glen, Pa.) is ranked 21st in Division I with an average of 7.00 saves per contest. In the Patriot League, she is third in both saves per game and total saves (98).