Crusaders Conclude 2012 Season
Overall: 2-15 (1-4 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-3 (0-1 PL)
Scoreboard: Brown 4, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/24
Colgate 2, Holy Cross 1, Hamilton, N.Y., 10/27
Cornell 4, Holy Cross 0, Ithaca, N.Y., 10/28
- The Holy Cross field hockey team has concluded its 2012 season. The Crusaders finished with a 2-12 record overall and a 1-4 mark in the Patriot League.
- Holy Cross played three games last week. On Wednesday, Oct. 24, the Crusaders lost to Brown by a score of 4-0 at the Hart Turf Field. On Saturday, Oct. 27, Holy Cross lost to Colgate 2-1 in its final Patriot League game. In its final game of 2012, Holy Cross was beat by Cornell, 4-0, on Sunday, Oct. 28.
- Freshman Hayley Sarratt (Dublin, Ireland) scored the lone goal for the Crusaders this past week against Colgate on Saturday. It was her first collegiate marker as junior Carly Grimaudo (Hopewell Junction, N.Y.) and Kaitlyn Murray (Farmington, Conn.) assisted on the goal.
- Grimaudo ended the season with the team lead in goals (7), assists (3) and points (17). She also had both the game winning goals in the 2012 season. In the Patriot League, Grimaudo ranked eighth in points and 10th in goals.
- Senior Megan Bourne (Lake Forest, Ill.) finished second on the team with three goals and seven points. Freshman Michelle McNeil (Canton, Mass.) and sophomore Molly Feit (Acton, Mass) tied for third on the squad with five points each.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Kat Matchett (Maple Glen, Pa.) started in all 17 games for the Crusaders in 2012. She posted a 3.60 goals against average and made 128 saves. Her saves mark ranks 14th in the nation and third in the Patriot League.
- Season awards will be announced later this week.