Holy Cross To Play Pair Of Contests This Week
Overall: 2-4 (0-1 Patriot League) Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: American 4, Holy Cross 0, Washington, D.C., 9/21
Georgetown 2, Holy Cross 1, College Park, Md., 9/22
Schedule: Thursday, Sept. 26 at Quinnipiac, Hamden, Conn., 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 29 vs. Dartmouth, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross field hockey team will play a pair of non-conference games. On Thursday, Sept. 26, the Crusaders will head to Hamden, Conn. to take on Quinnipiac at 3:30 p.m., while on Sunday, Sept 29, Holy Cross will host Dartmouth on the Hart Turf Field at 2:00 p.m. The Bobcats come into Thursday's game at 4-4 on the season, while the Big Green enter Sunday's contest at 1-3 overall with two games before Sept. 29.
- The Crusaders dropped a pair of road contests last week on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 21 and 22. On Saturday, Holy Cross was defeated in the Patriot League opener by American, 4-0, while on Sunday, the Crusaders were edged by Georgetown, 2-1. Holy Cross is 2-4 overall and is 0-1 in Patriot League action.
- Holy Cross sophomore forward Katy Cronin (Franklin, Mass.) tallied her first collegiate goal versus Georgetown on Sept. 22. The goal gave the Crusaders the 1-0 lead in the 14th minute of the contest and was off a rebound in front of the net. Cronin leads the Crusaders with 12 shots and seven shots on goal.
- Both goalkeepers, junior Kat Matchett (Maple Glen, Pa.) and freshman Maya Langman (Crozet, Va.) hold 1-2 records this season in between the pipes. Both goalies have a 2.67 goals against average, while Langman averages 8.33 saves per game and Matchett averages 5.33 stops per contest. Langman is ranked seventh in the country in saves per game, as Matchett is ranked 39th.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross field hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.