Scoreboard: Nazareth Invitational, 1st of 6 teams, Monroe and Mendon Country Clubs, Pittsford, N.Y., 4/27-28
Schedule: 2012-2013 season has concluded
- The Holy Cross women's golf team concluded the 2012-2013 season on a strong note as it won the Nazareth Invitational held at the Monroe and Mendon Country Clubs on Saturday and Sunday, April 27-28. The team win was the first tournament victory in program history and only the second win ever as the Crusaders defeated Babson in a dual match on October 14, 2001. The Crusaders shot a combined team score of 713 strokes (+137).
- Sophomore co-captain Morgan Powers (Glastonbury, Conn.) also made history becoming the first Holy Cross women's golfer to win medalist at any event. Powers carded a two-day total of 164 strokes (+20). This season, she led the Crusaders with an 18-hole average of 87.4.
- Freshman Marisa Cameron (Garden City, N.Y.) finished in fourth place with a 36-hole score of 176 (+32). Cameron ranked second on Holy Cross with an 18-hole average score of 89.1
- Senior co-captain Kelly Reagan (Mendota Heights, Minn.) placed sixth with a total sum of 185 strokes (+41), while freshman Lydia Deneen (Hubbardston, Mass.) carded a 188 (+44), which put her in eighth place.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's golf team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts click here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.