Overall: 11-4-2 (5-3-2 ECAC East)
Schedule: Friday, Jan. 25 at Plymouth State, Plymouth, N.H., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 26 at Southern Maine, Gorham, Maine, 1:00 p.m.
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Colby 1, Waterboro, Maine, 1/15
Holy Cross 2, Castleton State 2, Worcester, Mass., 1/18
Holy Cross 2, New England College 1, Worcester, Mass., 1/19
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team will play two road games this weekend, traveling to Plymouth State on Friday, Jan. 25, for a 6:00 p.m. contest and Southern Maine on Saturday, Jan. 26, for a 1:00 p.m. slate.
- Plymouth State holds a record of 3-11-2 on the season with a 2-6-2 mark in the ECAC East. The Panthers will travel to Bowdoin tonight, Jan. 22, before hosting the Crusaders on Friday. Sophomore Kelsey Cosby and freshman Marisa Zamrock lead the team with five points on three goals and two assists each. Sophomore Kate Banys has a team-high four goals on the season. Junior Ali Ponte has seen the most action in the crease for Plymouth State, making 436 saves in 11 games for a save percentage of .920.
- Southern Maine has a record of 4-8-4 (3-5-2 ECAC East) and will host Salve Regina on Friday before Holy Cross heads to Gorham on Saturday. Senior Kailey Bubier and freshman Cassandra Sherman lead the team with nine points each on five goals and four assists. Junior Erin Banfield also has tallied five goals on the season. Sophomore Liz Bergstrom has seen the most action between the pipes and holds a .899 save percentage and 2.78 goals-against average.
- Holy Cross is coming off a 2-2 tie versus Castleton State (1/18) after defeating the Spartans in the final of the Rutland Herald Invitational last week. The Crusader then downed visiting New England College (1/19) by a score of 2-1. Nine different Crusaders recorded points over the two-game stretch.
- Senior Caroline English (Dorchester, Mass.) and sophomore Rebecca Fleming (Newton, Mass.) continue to lead the team in points with 15. Fleming is tied for the team-high with seven goals and has added eight assists while English has netted four goals and has a team-high 11 assists. Sophomore Nicole Giannino (Bay Shore, N.Y.) joins Fleming with seven goals on the season.
- After the brief two-game road trip this weekend, Holy Cross will return home to host St. Anselm on February 1 in the second annual "Pink the Rink" game to benefit breast cancer research. The Crusaders will be donning special pink game jerseys that will be on sale during and after the game.
- The Crusaders have now netted four power play goals at home this season. Every time the Holy Cross women's hockey team scores a power play goal in the Hart Center money pledged will benefit PINK Revolution. PINK Revolution is an alliance of dedicated individuals with a unified commitment to those touched by breast cancer. Its mission is to support early detection and prevention strategies, fund clinical research advancements and promote survivorship programs in Central Mass. through its affiliation with the UMass Memorial Comprehensive Breast Center. For more information and to donate go here: http://www.powerplaypointsforpink.com/.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's hockey team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.