Scoreboard: Holy Cross 7, Sacred Heart 1, Bridgeport, Conn., 11/8
Holy Cross 5, Salve Regina 0, Worcester, Mass., 11/9
Schedule: Tuesday, Nov 12 vs. Franklin Pierce, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 15 at Norwich, Northfield, Vt., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 16 at St. Michael's, South Burlington, Vt., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team continue the 2013-2014 season this week with three contests. The Crusaders will host Franklin Pierce tonight, Nov. 12, at 7:00 p.m. before hitting the road this weekend to face Norwich on Friday, Nov. 15, at 7:00 p.m. and St. Michael's on Saturday, Nov 16, at 3:00 p.m.
- Franklin Pierce began its season on Nov. 1 with a 5-1 victory on the road over Nichols. The Ravens are 3-0 on the young season after returning home to defeat Plymouth State (11/2), 3-0 and UMass-Boston (11/8), 4-2. Sophomore forward Karsyn Baker leads the team with three goals and five assists for eight points. Freshman goaltender Noelle White has two starts in net and has allowed just one goal on 46 shots. The Franklin Peirce program was established last season and this will be the final season the Ravens will compete independently before joining the ECAC East conference for the 2014-2015 season.
- Norwich, the ECAC East preseason number one pick, is 3-1 on the season. The Cadets are coming off a home-and-home sweep of St. Michael's last weekend, shutting out the Purple Knights by a combined score of 11-0. Senior forward Tori Charron leads Norwich with six goals for six points on the season while freshman Taylor Fairchild has played two games in net and allowed two goals on 30 shots. St. Michael's is 0-3 to start the season and is led by senior forward Macey Thomas who has two goals and one assists for three points. In the crease, freshman Abby Burke has seen the most time with just under 80 minutes of action in two games, allowing three goals on 64 shots.
- The Crusaders opened 2013-2014 season with 12 goals over two games, earning convincing victories over Sacred Heart (7-1) on Nov. 8 and Salve Regina (5-0) on Nov. 9. Junior Nicole Giannino (Bay Shore, N.Y.) posted her first career hat trick to help lift the Crusaders to a 1-0 record in ECAC East action with the win over Salve Regina. Giannino is second on the team with three goals and three assists for six points and earned ECAC East Player of the Week honors for her performance.
- Freshman Rosie Rather (Stamford, Conn.) is off to a hot start in her collegiate career with four goals and three assists to lead the team with seven points. She earned ECAC East Rookie of the Week honors for her performance after scoring two goals against Sacred Heart and adding one goal and four assists against Salve Regina.
- Junior goaltenders Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) and Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) each opened the new campaign with strong performances. Stevenson allowed just one goal on 16 shots against Sacred Heart while Manzanares earned her sixth career shutout against Salve Regina. Manzanares is currently first in program history with a .932 career save percentage while Stevenson currently ranks third at .922. Manzanares is also first in career goals-against average (1.42) while Stevenson is tied for fourth (1.96).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.