Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Franklin Pierce 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/12
Norwich 5, Holy Cross 0, Northfield, Vt., 11/15
Holy Cross 3, St. Michael's 2, South Burlington, Vt., 11/16
Schedule: Friday, Nov 22 vs. UMass-Boston, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 23 vs. St. Anselm, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (4-1, 2-1 ECAC East) continues the 2013-2014 season this week with two home contests. The Crusaders will host UMass-Boston on Friday, Nov. 22 at 7:00 at the Hart Recreation Center. The Crusaders will then take on St. Anselm at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 23.
- UMass-Boston (1-3-1) will enter the Hart Center coming off their first win of the season, which came against Nichols College on Nov. 16. The Beacons are averaging 1.6 goals a game while taking an average of 35.6 shots a game.
- St. Anselm (5-1) is off to a hot start early in the season with five wins outscoring opponents 19-11. St. Anselm holds a 3-0 conference record which puts them in second place behind Norwich.
- Freshmen Rose Rather (Stamford, Conn.) and Izzy Bagi (Branford, Conn.) along with junior Rachel Miller (Jackson, Mich.) each netted a goal in the 3-1 victory over Franklin Pierce. Bagi's goal was the first for her collegiate career. Junior goaltender Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) allowed one goal with ten saves.
- Bagi tied the game in the second period with a power play goal, while junior Chelsea Monahan (Cherry Hill, N.J.) and Rather also scored two goals in the second period. Rather's late goal in the second period proved to be the game winner and was her fifth goal in the young season.
- With the win over St. Michael's head coach Peter Van Buskirk reached 200 career wins. His overall record at Holy Cross is currently 200-118-25.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.