Scoreboard: Holy Cross 11, Sacred Heart 0, Worcester, Mass., 01/14
Holy Cross 3, Manhattanville 3 (OT), Stamford, Conn., 01/17
Holy Cross 2, Nichols 0, Burrillville, R.I., 01/18
Schedule: Friday, Jan. 24 at Plymouth State, Plymouth, N.H., 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 25 at Southern Maine, Gorham, Maine., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (10-5-1, 5-2-1 ECAC East) will play two conference games this weekend on the road. On Friday, Jan. 24 they will travel to Plymouth, N.H to take on Plymouth State at 6:00 p.m. They will have a quick turn-around and play Southern Maine on Saturday, Jan. 25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Plymouth State (3-11-1, 1-6-1) is coming off a loss and tie last weekend. The Panthers fell short to No. 4 Norwich by a score of 5-1 and tied with Saint Michael's 1-1 in overtime. They will host Wesleyan Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 6:00 p.m. and it will be their fifth straight home game. Sophomore Marisa Zamrock leads the team nine points (four goals and five assists) on the season. Senior goaltender Ali Ponte has made a total of 341 saves on the season through 14 games. Her save percentage is .909 and holds a 2-9-1 overall record.
- Southern Maine stands at 9-7-1 overall and 6-2-0 in conference play. The Huskies boast a 6-1-1 mark at the USM Ice Arena. Southern Maine went 1-1 last weekend with a 2-1 win over Saint Michael's (01/17) and fell short against Norwich by a score of 2-1 (01/18). The Huskies will host Salve Regina for their next contest on Friday, Jan. 24 at 4:00 p.m. Senior Erin Banfield leads the team with 16 points through 17 games (11 goals and five assists). Banfield has posted two game-winning goals this season. Junior Julia Pearl has five goals and five assists for a total of ten points on the year. Junior goaltender Liz Bergstrom has recorded 218 saves between the pipes for a .901 save percentage and 2.22 goals against average. She holds a 7-4-1 mark on the season and is 6-2-0 in conference play. Bergstrom has posted three shutouts this season through 12 games.
- The Crusaders went 2-0-1 last week with wins over Sacred Heart and Nichols. They tied Manhattanville 3-3 in overtime on Friday evening (01/17). Nine different Crusader players scored as the team registered an 11-0 win over Sacred Heart at the Hart Center in non-conference play. Junior Nicole Giannino (Bay Shore, N.Y.) capped the night off with one goal and three assists. Junior Mary Klimasewiski (Cochester, Conn.) posted a hat-trick in the win. In the overtime tie against Manhattanville junior goaltender Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) made 32 saves in net. Giannino posted her 12th assist of the season in the 2-0 win over Nichols, which leads the team. Junior net minder Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) earned her third shutout and fifth win of the season.
- Twenty-two different Holy Cross players have posted at least one point through 16 games this season.
- The Crusaders are 5-3-1 away from the Hart Center this season.
- Giannino leads the team with a total of 20 points (eight goals and 12 assists) and two game-winning goals. She recorded six points last weekend with four in the win over Sacred Heart. Freshman Rose Rather (Stamford, Conn.) is not far behind her with 12 points on the year (seven goals and five assists). Freshman Izzy Bagi (Branford, Conn.) has seven assists on the season.
- Stevenson holds a 5-2-1 overall record and is 1-1-1 in ECAC East action. Her goals-against average is 1.73 and she has posted 147 saves thus far this season with a .913 save percentage. Manzanares is 5-3-0 on the season and holds a 4-1-0 mark in conference play. She has posted a .902 save percentage and 1.56 goals-against average in eight games. Freshman Hildie Hoeschen (St. Paul, Minn.) saw the first action of her collegiate career against Sacred Heart, stopping all eight shots she faced in the final period of action.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup