Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Plymouth State 2, Plymouth, N.H., 01/24
Holy Cross 3, Southern Maine 0, Gorham, Maine, 01/25
Schedule: Friday, Jan. 31 vs. Castleton State, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 1 vs. New England College, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (12-5-1, 7-2-1 ECAC East) will play two games at the Hart Center this weekend. On Friday, Jan. 31 Castleton State comes to Worcester with game time scheduled for 7:00 p.m. They will have a quick turn-around and take on New England College on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 2:00 p.m.
- Castleton State stands at 11-7-1 on the season and 6-3-1 in the conference. The last time the two teams went head-to-head the Crusaders defeated the Spartans in the Rutland Herald Invitational Championship game (01/11) by a score of 3-2 in Rutland, Vt. Castleton is coming off a 6-2 victory over Nichols and tied 2-2 with Manhattanaville in overtime last weekend. Sophomore Nicoline Jensen leads the team with 27 points (11 goals and 16 assists). Anna Daniels is not far behind with 25 total points through 19 games played (11 goals and 14 assists). Junior goaltender Paula Stephens holds a 9-5-1 mark on the season with one shutout. She has made 393 saves while facing 418 shots for a .940 save percentage and 1.70 goals against average.
- New England College (2-17-0, 2-9-0 ECAC East) went 1-1-0 last weekend. They defeated Nichols at home (01/24) by a score of 7-3 but fell short against visiting Manhattanville, 3-1 (01/25). The Pilgrims will travel to Newport, R.I. to take on Salve Regina (01/31) at 7:00 p.m. Last season Holy Cross defeated New England College twice and the final score in both games was 2-1. Junior Marisa Roth leads the team with nine points (three goals and six assists). Sophomore Kellie McLean has only posted goals this season with six total. Junior net minder Lauren Hopps posts a .909 save percentage through 17 games she has played in. Hopps holds a 2-13-0 mark on the season with one shutout victory.
- Holy Cross went 2-0 last weekend with wins over Plymouth State and Southern Maine, both on the road. In the 3-2 victory at Plymouth State (01/24), juniors Jessica Frascotti (Needham, Mass.), Nicole Giannino (Bay Shore, N.Y.) and Mary Klimasewiski (Cochester, Conn.) scored the goals. Junior Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) earned her sixth win of the season in net as she recorded a total of 14 saves in the game. The Crusaders cruised to a 3-0 win at Southern Maine (01/25) as sophomore Mackenzie Boardman (Anchorage, Alaska) posted a two-goal performance. She now has a total of six points on the season. The winning streak is now at three games for Holy Cross. Junior Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) earned here fourth shutout of the season as she made a total of 11 saves between the pipes.
- Holy Cross sits in third in the ECAC East standings with Norwich and St. Anselm ahead of them.
- Twenty-two different Holy Cross players have posted at least one point through 18 games this season.
- The Crusaders are 4-2-0 at the Hart Center this season.
- Giannino leads the team with a total of 21 points (nine goals and 12 assists) and two game-winning goals. She recorded her ninth goal in the 3-2 win over Plymouth State over the weekend. Fellow junior teammate Rachel Miller (Jackson, Mich.) is second on the team with 13 total points (seven goals and six assists). Freshman Izzy Bagi (Branford, Conn.) has eight assists on the season which leads all freshman.
- Manzanares is 6-3-0 on the season and holds a 5-1-0 mark in conference play. She has posted a .910 save percentage and 1.38 goals-against average in eight games. Stevenson holds a 6-2-1 overall record and is 2-1-1 in ECAC East action. Her goals-against average is 1.76 and has posted 161 saves thus far this season with a .910 save percentage.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.