Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Castleton State 0, Worcester, Mass., 01/31
Holy Cross 4, New England College 0, Worcester, Mass., 02/01
Schedule: Tuesday, Feb. 4 vs. Colby, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 7 at St. Anselm, Manchester, N.H., 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 8 at UMass-Boston, Boston, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (14-5-1, 8-2-1 ECAC East) will play three games this week. The Crusaders will take on Colby on Tuesday, Feb. 4 at 7:00 p.m. at the Hart Center. The squad will then travel for the next two games over the weekend in conference action. On Friday, Feb. 4 in Manchester, N.H. Holy Cross will play St. Anselm with game time scheduled for 4:00 p.m. They will have a quick turn-around and go up against UMass-Boston on Saturday, Feb. 8 at 1:00 p.m.
- Colby stands at 5-10-2 overall and 3-8-1 in the NESCAC. They went 0-2-0 last weekend as Trinity defeated Colby in a two-games series in Hartford, Conn. On Friday night (01/31) they fell short by a score of 4-1 and on Saturday skated to a 5-1 loss. Sophomore Megan Fortier leads the Mules with 13 points through 17 games. She has posted nine goals and four assists. Junior Lauren Guarente is not far behind with 10 points total. Senior captain Brianne Wheeler has started in 16 games in net with a 5-9-2 mark on the season. Wheeler has earned two shutouts and boasts a .929 save percentage.
- St. Anselm (17-3-0, 10-2-0 ECAC East) is on a two-game winning streak with both games on the road. The Hawks went 2-0 last weekend with a 3-2 overtime win over Manhattanville (01/31) and 4-1 victory against Nichols. Earlier this season, St. Anselm defeated Holy Cross 2-1 at the Hart Center (11/23). Senior Courtney Winters leads the team with 25 points (10 goals and 15 assists) through 20 games with one game-winning goal. Sophomore Alex Kazmer is second on the team with 22 points and has posted two game-winning goals. In the crease, junior Lindsey Brown and freshman Hannah Synnott have split time. Brown boasts a 9-3-0 record with two shutouts while Synnott posts an 8-0-0 record on the season and adds two shutouts.
- UMass-Boston is 9-8-4 on the season and 5-6-1 in the ECAC East. They went 1-1 last weekend with a 5-2 win over Nichols on Friday evening and tied Manhattanville on Saturday. The Beacons are coming off a 1-1 overtime tie against Manhattanville (02/01). The last time the two teams went head-to-head was back on November 22 when Holy Cross won a close game by a score of 1-0. Sophomore Samantha Fallon leads the team with the most goals with 13 through 21 games played. Fallon has posted 16 points on the season. Junior Alyssa Sullivan has notched 12 points (three goals and nine assists). Sullivan leads the team with the most assists on the year. All three goaltenders have seen action between the pipes. Junior Moe Bradley holds a 4-2-4 mark in 10 games started with a .941 save percentage and 1.60 goals-against average. Sophomore Casey Schaejbe boasts a 5-5-0 mark a .935 save percentage and a 1.61 goals against average while adding two shutouts.
- Holy Cross went 2-0 last weekend with wins over Castleton State and New England College at the Hart Center. In the 2-0 victory versus Castleton State (01/31) senior Amanda Gallagher (Park Ridge, Ill.) and sophomore Taylor McGee (Pearl River, N.Y.) posted goals in the game. Junior Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita Calif.) earned her fifth shutout of the season as she made a total of 19 saves between the pipes. The Crusaders cruised to a 4-0 win against New England College (02/01) as junior Rachel Miller (Jackson, Mich.) scored two goals in just six seconds to begin the third period. Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) earned her first shutout of the season in net as she now holds a record of 7-2-1 on the season. The winning streak stands at five games for the team.
- Holy Cross sits in third in the ECAC East standings with Norwich and St. Anselm ahead of them. Twenty-two different Holy Cross players have posted at least one point through 20 games this season. The Crusaders are 6-2-0 at the Hart Center and 7-3-1 on the road this season.
- Giannino leads the team with a total of 22 points (nine goals and 13 assists) and two game-winning goals. Fellow junior teammate Miller is second on the team with 15 total points. Freshman Rose Rather (Stamford, Conn.) leads all HC freshmen in scoring with 13 points (seven goals and six assists).
- Manzanares is 7-3-0 on the season and holds a 6-1-0 mark in conference play. She has posted a .922 save percentage and 1.23 goals-against average in 10 games. She was named ECAC East Women's Ice Hockey Goalie of the Week for her performance against Castleton State. Stevenson holds a 7-2-1 overall record and is 3-1-1 in ECAC East action.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.