Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Colby 0, Worcester, Mass., 02/04
St. Anselm 3, Holy Cross 1, Manchester, N.H., 02/07
UMass-Boston 3, New England College 2 Boston, Mass., 02/08
Schedule: Friday, Feb. 14 vs. Nichols, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 15 vs. Manhattanville, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team (15-7-1, 9-4-1 ECAC East) will play its final two regular season games this weekend at the Hart Center. On Friday, Feb. 14 at 7:00 p.m. Holy Cross will hold "Pink The Rink" night, a benefit to raise breast cancer awareness, as they take on Nichols. They will have a quick turn-around and take the ice against Manhattanville on Saturday, Feb. 15 at 1:00 p.m. on senior day.
- Nichols 4-19-0 overall and 2-12-0 in conference play is coming off an 0-2 mark this past weekend. The Bison fell short against Saint Michael's (02/07) by a score of 4-2 and again the following day (02/08) as Norwich earned a 3-0 victory. Earlier this season (01/18) the Bison and Crusaders went head-to-head as Holy Cross came away with a 2-0 win. Junior Grace Murphy leads the team with 20 points (13 goals and seven assists). Talia Hohmann is second on the team with 13 points. Tori Gianformaggio has played in 15 games in net while posting a .915 save percentage and Francesca Palazzo has a .902 save percentage through 13 appearances.
- Manhattanville (8-11-4, 6-5-3 ECAC East) went 1-1 last weekend with an 5-1 loss against Norwich (02/07) and a shutout victory over Saint Michael's by a score of 5-0 (02/08). On Jan. 17 the Valiants and Crusaders went into overtime and tied 3-3. Three junior players have posted at least 20 points thus far this season through 23 games. The top point leaders include Sydney Asselstine (15 goals and 12 assists), Michele Meggiolaro (seven goals and 16 assists) and Alla Traun (10 goals and 12 assists). Junior goaltender Kirsten Shaughnessy has posted a .908 save percentage through 16 games and has posted an overall record of 4-8-3 adding one shutout. Freshman net minder Dana DeMartino has an .892 save percentage through nine games played and has an overall mark of 4-3-1.
- Holy Cross went 1-2 last week as they defeated Colby at home but fell short against St. Anselm and UMass-Boston all on the road. Junior goaltender Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) earned her second shutout of the season and made 18 saves as Holy Cross defeated Colby on Tuesday night (02/04) at the Hart Center by a score of 2-0. Senior Kylee Sullivan (Arlington, Mass.) and junior Mary Klimasewiski (Cochester, Conn.) tallied the two goals for the Crusaders in the win. In the 3-1 loss versus St. Anselm, senior Emily Sullivan (Arlington, Mass.) posted the lone goal for the Crusaders as it was her first goal of the season. Junior Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) stopped 27 shots in net in 60 minutes of action. The Crusaders lost a close one against UMass-Boston (02/08) as juniors Nicole Nicole Giannino (Bay Shore, N.Y.) and Klimasewiski netted the goals for Holy Cross. Stevenson suffered the loss while making 13 saves and allowing two goals in just under 27 minutes of action. Manzanares came on in relief and made 15 saves as she allowed one goal in over 32 minutes of play.
- Holy Cross sits in third in the ECAC East standings with Norwich and St. Anselm ahead of them. Twenty-two different Holy Cross players have posted at least one point through 23 games this season. The Crusaders are 7-2-0 at the Hart Center and 7-5-1 on the road this season with one neutral site win. Holy Cross will look to get back on the winning track before the ECAC East Tournament begins next weekend.
- Giannino leads the team with a total of 23 points (10 goals and 13 assists) and two game-winning goals. Fellow junior teammate Rachel Miller (Jackson, Mich.) is second on the team with 16 total points. Freshman Rose Rather (Stamford, Conn.) leads all HC freshmen in scoring with 14 points (seven goals and seven assists).
- Stevenson holds an 8-3-1 overall record and is 3-2-1 in ECAC East action with a .917 save percentage and 1.56 goals-goals. Stevenson has posted two shutouts thus far this season in 12 games played in. Manzanares is7-4-0 on the season and holds a 6-2-0 mark in conference play. She has posted a .920 save percentage and 1.42 goals-against average in 12 games. She was named ECAC East Women's Ice Hockey Goalie of the Week twice this season.
- Saturday's game versus Manhattanville will be the final home game for four Holy Cross seniors. Devon Ball (Burlington, Ontario), Amanda Gallagher (Park Ridge, Ill.), Emily Sullivan and Kylee Sullivan as well as team manager Tory Bratton will be recognized in a brief ceremony with head coach Peter Van Buskirk and assistant coach Jacob Anderson prior to the start of the game.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.