Scoreboard: Holy Cross 2, Sacred Heart 0, ECAC Open Tournament Semifinals, Worcester, Mass., 02/22
Saint Anselm 2, Holy Cross 1, ECAC Open Tournament Championship, Worcester, Mass, 02/23
Schedule: Season is complete.
- The Holy Cross women's ice hockey team wrapped up the 2013-2014 campaign last weekend, as the Crusaders fell to Saint Anselm in the ECAC Open Championship game on Sunday (02/23) by a score of 2-1 at the Hart Center. Holy Cross finishes the season with an overall mark of 18-8-1 and 11-4-1 in ECAC East play.
- The ECAC Open Championship marked the fifth straight year the Crusaders have faced off against the Hawks in the season finale. Last season the two teams when head-to-head as Holy Cross came away with a heartbreaking loss in overtime, 4-3. This year, sophomore Taylor McGee (Pearl River, N.Y.) put the Crusader on the board first at 8:33 of the second period. The goal was her third of the season as the shot came from the top of the blue line and slipped past the Hawks net minder, but the Hawks came back to win, 2-1.
- Four seniors finished their collegiate careers at Holy Cross this year. Kylee Sullivan (Arlington, Mass.) played in her 77th game last weekend as she finished her career with 14 goals and seven assists for 21 points. She added two-winning goals throughout the course of the year. Her sister, captain Emily Sullivan (Arlington, Mass.), appeared in a total of 101 games as Crusader as she posted five goals and 16 assists in the four years on the team. Another captain, Amanda Gallagher (Park Ridge, Ill.), posted 27 points in the 101 games she played in, adding one game-winning goal coming this season. Devon Ball (Burlington, Ontario) played a big role on the defensive end as she played in a total of 73 games and posted nine points.
- Freshman Izzy Bagi (Branford, Conn.) was named to the ECAC Women's East All-Rookie and second team All-Conference teams. Bagi racked up a total of 15 points (four goals and 11 assists) in her rookie season as a Crusader, with all of her goals coming on power plays. She lead all Holy Cross freshman in points in 27 games this season, adding one game-winning goal.
- Juniors Nicole Giannino (Bay Shore, N.Y.) and Krista Manzanares (Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.) each earned ECAC Women's East All-Conference Honorable Mentions. Giannino lead the team with a total of 26 points (12 goals and 14 assists) and two game-winning goals and was also named ECAC East Player Of The Week once. She recorded one hat-trick during the season. Manzanares was named ECAC East Goalie of the Week twice this season.
- Junior Rachel Miller (Jackson, Mich.) finished the season with 18 total points (nine goals and nine assists) in 26 games she played in during the season. She ranked second best on the team on the offensive side as she added three game-winning goals during the 2013-14 campaign.
- Both goaltenders have hit the record books for a consecutive season. Alexandra Stevenson (Norwood, N.Y.) finishes the season with a 10-3-1 mark in the 14 games she played in and added four shutouts. Her winning percentage is .750, goals against average is 1.33 (ranked fourth in a single season), save percentage is .920 (ranked seventh in a single season) and made a total of 229 saves on the season. Manzanares concludes the 2013-14 year boasting an 8-5-0 overall record in the 14 games she played in and added five shutouts. Her goals against average is 1.51 (ranked fifth in a single season), save percentage is .916 and posted a total of 218 saves on the young season.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's ice hockey team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.