May 14, 2013
Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Crusaders Set For Patriot League Championship On May 17
Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Scoreboard: 9th of 12 at Eastern Sprints, Camden, N.J., 5/5
Schedule: Friday, May 17, Patriot League Championship, Worcester, Mass., 8:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's rowing team will return to action on Friday, May 17, when they will compete at the Patriot League Championship in Worcester, Mass., on Lake Quinsigamond. The varsity four will race at 8:10 a.m., the second varsity eight at 8:30 a.m. and the varsity eight at 8:50 a.m. Last season the Crusaders placed fourth at the Patriot League Championship after placing third in the second varsity eight, while they were fourth in the varsity eight and varsity four races. Bucknell won its seventh straight Patriot League title last season with 34 total points, followed by Navy (29 points), MIT (25 points), Holy Cross (20 points), Lehigh (nine points) and Colgate (eight points). Go here to view the Patriot League Championship page: http://www.patriotleague.org/ot/championships/w-rowing-13-champs.html.
- The Crusaders placed fourth at the 2011 Patriot League Championship, while they were third in 2010, 2009 and 2008. Holy Cross tied for fourth in 2007, was fifth in 2006 and was third in the first-ever Patriot League Championship in 2005.
- The Crusaders competed at the Beanpot Regatta versus Boston College, Boston University, MIT, Northeastern and Harvard-Radcliffe on Sunday, April 27 on the Charles River. The regatta was a part of the Row for Boston Campaign. To purchase a shirt to support the campaign go here: http://bostonstrong.boathousegear.com/
- The varsity eight has been outstanding during the 2012-2013 season. On Saturday, April 27 the Crusaders defeated George Mason and Rutgers, The Crusaders placed first out of five boats Saturday, April 21 on Lake Quinsigamond. The Crusaders continued this streak on Sunday, April 22 when the women's varsity eight boat took the victory over Boston College and UConn to win the Irving-Christensen Cup in Worcester, Mass. The women's varsity eight placed second out of 34 boats at the Knecht Cup. The varsity eight started the spring season with a win versus Smith. During the fall season, the Crusaders placed first in the club eight race out of 17 boats at the Textile River Regatta, finished first out of 48 boats at the Snake Regatta, placed second in the club eight race out of 34 boats at the Head of the Charles Regatta and finished third in the open eight race out of 27 boats at the Head of the Schuylkill Regatta.
- Senior Michele Grenier (Menands, N.Y.) is very involved with Holy Cross for a Cure. Go here to read a feature story on the senior rower: http://www.goholycross.com/sports/w-rowing/2012-13/releases/20130326cy5rfj.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross rowing teams sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.