April 7, 2009
Holy Cross Women's Rowing
Scoreboard: No Team Scores, New Hampshire, Smith, Wesleyan and Williams, Worcester, Mass. 4/4
No Team Scores, Massachusetts, Worcester, Mass., 4/5
Schedule: Saturday, April 11 vs. Smith and Trinity, Worcester, Mass.
- The Holy Cross women’s rowing team will host Smith and Trinity on Saturday, April 11.
- The Crusaders have already met with Smith twice this season. On April 4, the Smith A boat won the second novice eight with a time of 8:34.6, followed by Holy Cross A (9:13.83) in fourth place. In the first meeting with Smith on March 29, Holy Cross’ second varsity eight boat grabbed a first place finish with a time of 7:23, followed by Smith (7:36.8) in third place. Holy Cross' third varsity eight boat finished with a time of 7:47.5, just behind Smith, who finished first with a time of 7:47.0. The women's varsity eight boat finished second in their race with a time of 6:39 and Smith finished in third place with a time of 6:43. The Crusaders' novice eight boat squad placed third in their race with a time of 7:29. Smith placed second (7:29) and Smith B (7:38) finished in fourth place.
- Holy Cross met with Trinity once last season, hosting the competition at Lake Quinnsigamond on April 20, 2008. The Crusaders won the women’s novice eight race with a time of 7:23.2, followed by Trinity (7:53.4) in third place. In the second varsity eight, Holy Cross (7:06.1) placed second and Trinity (7:10.3) third. Trinity took first in the varsity eight race with a time of 6:47 while Holy Cross finished second (6:55.).
- On Saturday, April 4, Holy Cross hosted New Hampshire, Smith, Wesleyan and Williams, with the Crusaders picking up four second place finishes in the six races held. In the women's varsity eight, Williams placed first in a time of 7:09, followed by Holy Cross (7:12) and New Hampshire (7:17). In the second varsity eight, Williams finished first with a time of 7:20 while the Crusaders placed second (7:37) and New Hampshire third (7:43). In the women's third varsity eight, Williams had another first place finish in a time of 7:26, followed by Holy Cross (7:42) and New Hampshire (7:53). The women's novice eight race was won by Williams in a time of 7:29. New Hampshire took second in a time of 8:13.2, just edging out Holy Cross (8:13.5). In the women's second novice eight, Smith took first (8:34.6), followed by Wesleyan (8:38.8), Smith's second boat (8:41.9) and Holy Cross 9:13.8.
- On Sunday, April 5, the Crusaders fell to visiting Massachusetts, with the women's varsity eight team finishing with a time of 6:58, behind Massachusetts (6:56.3). In the second varsity eight race, Massachusetts recorded a first place time of 7:04 while Holy Cross' second varsity eight boat finished with a time of 7:09. In the third varsity eight race, Massachusetts won the race with a time of 7:09 while Holy Cross recorded a time of 7:35.7. In the women's novice eight race, Massachusetts finished with a first place time of 7:09 while the Crusaders recorded a time of 7:57.