Overall: 2-3-1 (0-0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-1-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 1, Rhode Island 0, Kingston, R.I., 9/4
Fairfield 2, Holy Cross 1, Double Overtime, Worcester, Mass., 9/9
Schedule: Thursday, Sept. 13 at Hartford, West Hartford, Conn., 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 16 vs. Delaware State, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's soccer team (2-3-1 overall) will play two matches this week, including a road trip to take on Hartford at Al-Marzook Field at Alumni Stadium and a home match against Delaware State at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. The Crusaders will face the Hawks at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13 and host the Hornets at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16.
- Hartford holds a record of 2-2-2 while playing four of its first six games at home. Most recently, the Hawks tied Fairfield (9/7) 0-0 and lost to Quinnipiac (9/9) by a score of 1-0. Hartford is led by senior Amelia Pereira who has three goals and one assist for seven points this season. In goal, junior Erin Quinlan has started all six games, making 17 saves and recording one shutout while allowing eight goals.
- Delaware State currently holds a record of 0-4 and will play Bryant in Smithfield, R.I. on Friday, Sept. 14 before traveling to Worcester. The Hornets have yet to tally a goal this season, most recently falling to rival Delaware by a score of 2-0. In net, sophomore Kaitlyn Koslosky has made 28 saves while allowing 10 goals in four games.
- The Crusaders are 1-10-0 all-time against Hartford. The only win for the Crusaders came on Sept. 18, 1986, 1-0. This will be the first ever matchup between Holy Cross and Delaware State.
- Holy Cross freshman Annie Galvin (Attleboro, Mass.) recorder her first career game-winning goal in the victory over Rhode Island. She is now tied with senior Maura Fox (Shrewsbury, Mass.) and sophomore Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) for second on the team in points with four. Junior Cassie Muzik (Massapequa, N.Y.) remains atop the team statistically with five points on two goals and one assist.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) recorded her third career shutout with the victory over Rhode Island (9/4). She has a team-high .073 goals against average, allowing three goals in four games and making 32 saves this season. Senior Ashlyn Angell (Raleigh, N.C.) has played in three games, making 10 saves.