Crusaders Host Pair Of Matches This Week
Overall: 1-5-2, (1-0-0 Patriot League) Last Week: 1-0-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 1, Loyola (Md.) 0, Baltimore, Md., 9/21
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 25 vs. New Hampshire, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 28 vs. American, Worcester, Mass., 1:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross women's soccer team will host two contests at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium in Worcester, Mass. On Wednesday, Sept. 25, the Crusaders will take on New Hampshire at 7:00 p.m., while on Saturday, Sept. 28, Holy Cross will entertain Patriot League foe American at 1:00 p.m. The Wildcats come into the contest at 2-5-1 overall, while the Eagles hold a 3-6-0 record, including a 1-0 victory over Lehigh last week in the Patriot League opener. The game versus American will be broadcasted free of charge on Crusader Vision.
- The Crusaders earned their first victory of the season in a 1-0 triumph over new Patriot League member Loyola (Md.) on Sept. 21 in Baltimore, Md. The Crusaders move to 1-5-2 overall and are 1-0-0 in the Patriot League.
- Holy Cross sophomore forward Annie Galvin (Attleboro, Mass.) was named GoHolyCross.com's Crusader of the Week after she scored the game-winning goal over the Greyhounds with 36 seconds left in regulation. The marker was her first of the season and the fifth of her career.
- Holy Cross junior midfielder Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) and sophomore midfielder Jenna Scanlon (Auburn, Mass.) used two crisp passes to set up Galvin's goal for their first assists of the season. The helper by Scanlon was her first career assist and point.
- Crusaders junior goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) played exceptional in net versus Loyola, as she made three saves for her third shutout of the season and ninth of her career. The nine shutouts places her fifth all-time in Holy Cross history. McCabe ranks fourth in the Patriot League in goals against average (0.83) and save percentage (.811), and is tied for second in shutouts.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.