Overall: 2-8-3 (2-3-0 Patriot League); Last Week: 0-1-0
Scoreboard: Colgate 1, Holy Cross 0, Hamilton, N.Y., 10/12
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 15 vs. UMass Lowell, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 18 vs. Navy, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
- This week, the Holy Cross women's soccer team will play a pair of home matches at the Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium. On Tuesday, Oct. 15, the Crusaders will host UMass Lowell (0-13-0), while on Saturday, Oct. 18, they will entertain Patriot League foe Navy (12-3-0, 5-0-0 PL). Both games will be at 7:00 p.m. The contest versus the Midshipmen can be viewed free of charge on Crusader Vision. Click here to watch the game.
- Holy Cross is 2-16-1 versus Navy all time, while its game against UMass Lowell will be the first in program history. Last season, the Mids topped Holy Cross, 2-1, on Oct. 21, 2012 in Worcester, Mass. Navy has won 12 straight games versus Holy Cross with the last Crusader win coming on Sept. 23, 2000 (1-0).
- The Crusaders (2-8-3, 2-3-0 PL) went 0-1-0 last week with a 1-0 loss at Colgate on Saturday, Oct. 12. Holy Cross is currently tied with Bucknell for fifth place in the Patriot League with six total points.
- Holy Cross is led offensively by sophomore forward Annie Galvin (Attleboro, Mass.) who ranks first on the squad with two goals and five points. Crusader junior midfielder Gina Righini (Salem, N.H.) leads the team with two assists on the year and 25 total shots. Both Galvin and Righini each have one game-winning goal.
- Holy Cross junior goalkeeper Carly McCabe (Barrington, R.I.) has started in all 13 games for the Crusaders this season and ranks tied for third in shutouts (four) and fourth in total saves (59). She ranks second in the Patriot League with 1219:46 minutes played this season.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's soccer team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.