Softball Prepares for Stony Brook Invitational This Weekend
Overall: 3-7 (0-0 Patriot League); Last Week: 3-5
Scoreboard: Pennsylvania 12, Holy Cross 4, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/4
Tennessee-Martin 5, Holy Cross 0, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/4
St. Francis (Pa.) 3, Holy Cross 2, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/6
Holy Cross 9, Sacred Heart 7, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/6
Holy Cross 5, Niagara 4, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/7
Holy Cross 15, Grambling State 8, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/7
St. Francis (Pa.) 10, Holy Cross 7, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/8
Akron 9, Holy Cross 5, Rebel Spring Games, Kissimmee, Fla., 3/8
Schedule: Friday, March 15 vs. Yale, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 9:30 a.m.
Friday, March 15 vs. Providence, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 16 vs. Yale, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 1:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 17 vs. Manhattan, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 11:30 a.m.
Sunday, March 17 vs. Providence, Stony Brook Invitational, Stony Brook, N.Y., 3:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross softball team wrapped up the Rebel Spring Games in Kissimmee, Fla. last week, opening the season with a record of 3-7. The Crusaders tallied 52 runs and 71 hits over 10 games, including nine home runs. This week, the squad is set to travel to the Stony Brook Invitational to play two games against Yale, two games against Providence and one game against Manhattan.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to play Yale on Friday, March 15, at 9:30 a.m. and again on Saturday, March 16, at 1:30 p.m. Yale currently holds a record of 2-5 and will face Seattle today, March 12, on the road in a doubleheader beginning at 2:00 p.m. The Crusaders will play Providence on Friday at 1:30 p.m. and again on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. The Friars are 6-11 on the season and coming off the USF Under Armour Invitational Tournament. HC will play Manhattan on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. The Jaspers are currently 1-4 and will travel to St. John's on Wednesday, March 13, for a doubleheader and take on Stony Brook, Yale and Providence at the Stony Brook Invitational on Friday and Saturday before squaring off against Holy Cross.
- Freshman Emily Jarvis (Hopkinton, Mass.) led the Crusaders at the Rebel Spring Games and was named Patriot League Softball Player and Rookie of the Week for her performance. She recorded her first career hit in her second at-bat of the season and first career home run (and RBI) in her third at-bat of the season in Holy Cross' season opener versus South Dakota (3/3). She also recorded her first stolen base in that game against the Coyotes. The rookie hit her second career home run against Penn (3/4) and swiped three bases as the Crusaders defeated Grambling State (3/7), 15-8. Jarvis holds the highest batting average (.414) on the team of any player that played in all 10 games last week and leads the team in runs scored (10), hits (12), doubles (3), total bases (21) and steals (6). She is also tied for first in home runs (2).
- Junior Kelliner Croushore (Claremont, Calif.) also earned the College Sports Madness Patriot League Player of the Week award. The starting centerfielder batted an even .300 and was tied for the team lead with two long balls. She holds a .533 slugging percentage and is tied for second on the team with 16 total bases.
- Freshman pitcher Gennifer Durham (Abbeville, S.C.) earned her first career wins against Sacred Heart (3/6) and Niagara (3/7). She now holds a record of 2-2. Junior pitcher Julia Barrett (Gardner, Mass.) recorded the save in Durham's two wins and now has three career saves.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross softball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.