Women's Swimming And Diving To Return To Harold Anderson Invitational
Scoreboard: T, 147-147, vs. Siena, Worcester, Mass., 10/23
L, 124-171, vs. Springfield, Worcester, Mass., 10/26
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 22 at Harold Anderson Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 23 at Harold Anderson Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team will return to action at the Harold Anderson Invitational on Friday and Saturday, Nov. 22-23 in Kingston, R.I.
- Last season, the Crusaders were led by 200 freestyle relay team which finished 12th at the Harold Anderson Invitational. Team members included graduates Kristin Desrosiers, Katelyn Desrosiers and Laura Webber as well as junior Mary Kate Schulte (Des Moines, Iowa). Returning senior Cassandra Perry (Sudbury, Mass.) and sophomore Claire O'Brien (Bedford, N.Y.) also posted top-20 finishes for Holy Cross.
- The team is coming off its first two home meets of the season last week against Siena (10/23) and Springfield (10/26). The Crusader tied the Saints, 147-147, but fell to the Pride, 171-124. Freshman Colleen Harrison (Lake Forest, Ill.) led the team in both meets, earning a total of three first place finishes. She won the 500 and 1,000 freestyles versus Siena and 500 freestyle against Springfield. Freshman Marielle Pavek (Lake Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) added two first place finishes against the Saints and fellow classmates Kristin Lane (White Plains, N.Y.) and Gina DeFloria (Greensburg, Pa.) and junior diver Alicia LiCalzi (New Canaan, Conn.) also posted winning performances last week.
- The Crusaders will compete in six more meets this season including the Patriot League Championship on Feb. 19-22, hosted by Navy in Annapolis, Md. The team will also host Providence in its third and final home meet of the season at the Hart Center on Jan. 25.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's swimming and diving team send directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.