WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women's tennis team won all three doubles matches and five of the six singles matches to tally a 8-1 winning decision over Division III Assumption at the Assumption Tennis Courts. With the decision, the Crusaders improve to a record of 5-1 on the fall while the Greyhounds fall to a record of 1-5. The duo of seniors Carolyn Chandley (Worcester, Mass.) and Emily Marr (Jefferson, Mass.) highlighted the match with their team-leading seventh win at No. 2 doubles.
The Crusaders also won the No. 1 and No. 3 doubles matches and followed with five straight-set victories in singles play. Freshman Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) kept her win streak alive at No. 2 singles, winning 6-1, 6-2 while Chandley improved her singles record to an unblemished 6-0 after winning the No. 4 singles match. Senior Emma Rudnik (Lake Bluff, Ill.) also stayed undefeated in singles play, taking a 6-1, 6-2 victory in the No. 6 singles match.
Holy Cross continues its fall season on Saturday, Oct. 15 versus Wesleyan. The match is set for 1:00 p.m. at the Holy Cross Tennis Courts in Worcester, Mass.
1. Molly Montgomery/Taylor Stathis (HC) def. Jen Erickson/Chrissy Lyons (ASM), 8-5
2. Carolyn Chandley/Emily Marr (HC) def. Erica Micciche/Abby Blaisdell (ASM), 8-6
3. Jessica DeSimone/Emma Rudnik (HC) def. Marissa Charles/Paige Gilet (ASM), 8-2
1. Lyons (ASM) def. Montgomery (HC), 3-6, 6-2, 10-5
2. Stathis (HC) def. Erickson (ASM), 6-1, 6-2
3. Marr (HC) def. Micciche (ASM), 6-4, 6-4
4. Chandley (HC) def. Blaisdell (ASM), 6-0, 6-0
5. Maya Welch (HC) def. Gilet (ASM), 6-3, 6-0
6. Rudnik (HC) def. Charles (ASM), 6-1, 6-2