Holy Cross Hosts Pair Of Matches This Week
Overall: 2-6; Last Week: 0-0
Scoreboard: No events scheduled last week
Schedule: Thursday, April 4 at Rhode Island; Kingston, R.I., 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 6 vs. Curry; Worcester, Mass.; 12:00 p.m.
Monday, April 8 vs. Simmons; Worcester, Mass.; 3:30 p.m.
- After having no matches last week, the Holy Cross women's tennis team will play three contests this week, with two home tilts at the Sinnott Tennis Facility. On Thursday, April 4, the Crusaders will travel to Rhode Island for a 3:00 p.m. start. On Saturday, April 6, Holy Cross will host Curry at 12:00 p.m., while on Monday, April 8, the Crusaders will entertain Simmons at 3:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's tennis team lost a pair of Patriot League matches two weeks ago to Lehigh and Army, on Saturday, March 23, both by scores of 7-0. With the defeats, the Crusaders slip to 2-6 overall this season.
- Holy Cross freshman Cassy Deng (Eden Prairie, Minn.) lost a close match this past weekend versus Army in No. 6 singles, as she was defeated, 4-6, 5-7. She lost her other tilt versus Lehigh, 3-6, 3-6.
- Freshman Abby Henry (Wellesley, Mass.) leads the Crusaders with a 6-4 overall record in singles matches this season, as senior captain Jessica DeSimone (Lincoln, R.I.) has the second best record on the squad at 3-3.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's tennis team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.