Women's Tennis Falls To Brandeis, 8-1
WALTHAM, Mass. - The Holy Cross women's tennis team dropped its final regular season dual match versus Brandeis, 8-1 on Sunday afternoon at Rieger Tennis Courts. With the loss, the Crusaders slip to 5-9 overall, while the Judges improve to 8-8 on the season.
Holy Cross freshman Cassy Deng (Eden Prairie, Minn.) won the only match for the Crusaders as she defeated Dylan Schlesinger in No. 6 singles, 1-6, 6-4, (10-7). Junior Maya Welch (Rye, N.Y.) lost her No. 4 singles tilt to Maya Vassat, 6-4, 6-1, while sophomore No. 1 singles player Taylor Stathis (Rockaway Beach, N.Y.) was defeated by Faith Broderick, 6-1, 6-1.
The Crusaders did not claim any doubles points, as Brandeis won all three matches by scores of 8-1.
Holy Cross returns to action on Friday, April 26, when it will compete in the Patriot League women's tennis quarterfinal match held at West Point, N.Y.
BRANDEIS 8, HOLY CROSS 1
1. Faith Broderick (B) def. Taylor Stathis (HC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Allyson Bernstein (B) def. Jaclyn Carroll (HC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Maya Vasser (B) def. Maya Welch (HC) 6-4, 6-1
4. Alexa Katz (B) def. Abby Henry (HC) 6-1, 6-0
5. Emily Eska (B) def. Addie Devine (HC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Cassy Deng (HC) def. Dylan Schlesinger (B) 1-6, 6-4, 10-7
1. Carley Cooke/ Broderick (B) def. Stathis/ Carroll (HC) 8-1
2. Simone Vandroff/Roberta Bergstein (B) def. Welch/ Henry (HC) 8-1
3. Marissa Lazar/A. Bernstein (B) def. Deng/Jessica DeSimone (HC) 8-1