Schedule: Saturday, Jan. 5 at Crowell Open, West Point, N.Y., 9:00 a.m.
Saturday, Jan. 5 at Tiger Invitational, Boston, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team is set to begin the 2013 portion of its schedule on Saturday, Jan. 5, with the team splitting up to compete in two different meets. Members of the team will travel to Army to take part in the Crowell Open at 9:00 a.m. while other student-athletes will travel to the Reggie Lewis Center for the Tiger Invitational.
- Last season, sophomore Mackenzie Arndt (Merrimack, Mass.) led the Crusaders at the Crowell Open with a first place finish in the pole vault. Sophomore Melissa Sheridan (Loudonville, N.Y.) added a top-five finish in the 1,000 meter run.
- At the 2012 Tiger Invitational, senior Sarah Meinelt (Topsfield, Mass.) finished first in the 800 meter run and graduate Alexandra Culkeen finished first in the shot put. Junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) finished second in the 200 and 400 meter dashes.
- Okpoebo leads this year's team with top times in four different events including the 55, 60, 200 and 300. Freshmen Oona Wood (Williamstown, Mass.), Melissa LaCoste (Amherst, N.H.) and Elizabeth Provost (Adams, Mass.) have the top times and scores on the team in the 500, high jump and shot put, respectively.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.