Women's Indoor Track And Field Preps For Go Rhody and Yale Invitationals
Scoreboard: No Team Scores, Crowell Open, West Point, N.Y., 1/5
No Team Scores, Tiger Invitational, Boston, Mass., 1/5
Schedule: Friday, Jan. 11 at Go Rhody Invitational, Kingston, R.I., 10:30 a.m.
Saturday, Jan. 12 at Yale Invitational, New Haven, Conn., 9:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's track and field team will participate in two meets this weekend. The team will travel to the Go Rhody Invitational hosted by Rhode Island on Friday, Jan. 11, followed by the Yale Invitational in New Haven, Conn. on Saturday, Jan. 12.
- The last time the Crusaders visited Kingston, R.I. was on Jan. 13, 2012 at the Sorlien Memorial Invitational. Junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) finished first in the 200-meter dash with a time of 25.83 seconds and second in the 60-meter at 7.80 seconds. Senior Brittany Gorksi (Tewksbury, Mass.) and graduates Katelyn Hartnett and Alexandra Culkeen each added top-five finishes in their respective events.
- At the 2012 Yale Invitational, sophomore Julia Levesque (West Simsbury, Conn.) led the Crusaders with an eighth place finish in the 60-meter hurdles and time of 10.05 seconds. The 4x400-meter relay team consisting of sophomores Fiorella Johnson (Redding, Conn.), Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.), Grace Chmiel and Melissa Sheridan (Loudonville, N.Y.) added a second top-10 finish for Holy Cross with a time of 4:16.66.
- Okpoebo, who set a new school record of 7.17 seconds in the 55-meter dash earlier this season at the Harvard Open (12/8), improved her time in the event at last week's Tiger Invitational (1/5). The junior finished first overall with an ECAC qualifying time of 7.15 seconds. She also broke the school record earlier this year with a time of 40.52 seconds in the 300-meter dash at the Harvard Open.
- At last week's Tiger Invitational, Gorski set a team season-best mark in the 400-meter dash with a time of 59.76, just three one-hundredths of a second off her career-best time in the event. Other team season-best marks included junior Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.) in the 3,000-meter run (10:52.01) and senior Kelcey Germain (Auburn, Mass.) in the weight throw (14.74 meters). At the Crowell Invitational (1/5), sophomore Marissa Romano (Hasbrouck Heights, N.J.) set a team season-best distance in the triple jump (10.54 meters).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.