Schedule: Friday, Feb. 8 at Valentine Invitational, Boston, Mass., 1:30 p.m.
Scoreboard: W, 100.50-79.50, at Maine, Orono, Maine, 2/2
- The Holy Cross women's indoor track and field team will return to action on Friday, Feb. 8, at the Valentine Invitational, hosted by Boston University at 1:30 p.m.
- Last season, junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) led the team with a sixth place finish in the 60-meter dash. Senior Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.), graduate Alexandra Culkeen and the 4x400-meter relay team comprised of sophomores Fiorella Johnson (Redding, Conn.) and Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.) and Okpoebo and Gorski also added top-10 finishes.
- The Valentine Invitational will be the final meet before the Crusaders travel to the Patriot League Indoor Championship on Friday-Sunday, Feb. 15-17, hosted by Army in West Point, N.Y. Holy Cross was selected to finish fifth in this year's preseason poll after finishing fourth overall at the championship in 2012. Bucknell will be defending its 2012 title.
- Holy Cross is coming off its second dual meet victory of the season. The Crusaders downed Maine by just over 20 points as the team recorded first place finishes in 11 events. Senior Kelcey Germain (Auburn, Mass.), junior Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.) and freshmen Oona Wood (Williamstown, Mass.) and Melissa LaCoste (Amherst, N.H.) set new team season-best marks in their respective events.
- Junior Kylene Carey (East Bridgewater, Mass.) was named AT&T Crusader of the Week for her performances at Maine. She won the long jump with a distance of 5.04 meters and placed second in the 55-meter hurdles with a time of 8.77 seconds. On the season, Carey has posted the fastest times on the team in the 55-meter hurdles (8.75 seconds) and the 60-meter hurdles (9.60 seconds), in addition to posting the team's top distance in the long jump (5.24 meters).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's indoor track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.