Women's Indoor Track & Field Readies For Patriot League Championship
Schedule: Friday-Sunday, Feb. 15-17 at Patriot League Indoor Championship, West Point, N.Y., 10:00 a.m.
Scoreboard: Friday, Feb. 8 at Valentine Invitational, Cancelled
- The Holy Cross women's indoor track and field team will travel to the Patriot League Indoor Championship on Friday-Sunday, Feb. 15-17, hosted by Army.
- Last season, junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) set a new school record in the preliminary heat of the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.60 seconds. Graduate Erin Linnehan also set a school-best mark in the final of the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.83 seconds. The 4x800-meter relay team comprised of seniors Kathleen Brekka (Hubbardston, Mass.), Sarah Meinelt (Topsfield, Mass.) and Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.) and graduate Katelyn Hartnett and the distance medley relay team of Brekka, sophomore Payton Shubrick (Springfield, Mass.), Meinelt and Hartnett each recorded second place finishes. Brekka also finished second in the 1,000-meter run while sophomore Sarah Dahlstrom (Southborough, Mass.) placed fourth in the pentathlon on the first day of competition with a score of 3,187.
- Bucknell took home the 2012 Patriot League Indoor Championship with a total of 164 team points. Navy finished second with 124, followed by Lehigh (108), Holy Cross (70), Colgate and Army (56), Lafayette (42) and American.
- The Crusaders' final regular season meet was cancelled due to inclement weather last weekend. The Valentine Invitational was scheduled to take place on Friday, Feb. 8, at Boston University.
- Okpoebo leads Holy Cross with four team season-best times this year in the 55, 60, 200 and 300-meter dashes. Gorski is just behind Okpoebo with three top season times in the 400, 600 and 800.