Scoreboard: Jerry Gravel Classic, Westfield, Mass., Cancelled, 3/23
Schedule: Saturday, March 30 at Dick Shea Open, West Point, N.Y., 9:00 a.m.
- The women's track and field team is set to begin its outdoor season this weekend at the Dick Shea Open, hosted by Army, at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 30. The Crusaders were scheduled to open the outdoor season last weekend (3/23) at the Jerry Gravel Classic, but that meet was cancelled to due to recent snow accumulation at the Westfield State facility.
- Last season, the throwers traveled to the Dick Shea Open as graduate Alexandria Culkeen led the team with a first place finish in the shot put and sixth place finish in the weight throw. Junior Christy Manning (Scarborough, Maine) also finished fifth in the discus and seventh in the javelin.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to compete in seven meets this spring, including a home meet on Saturday, April 20, against Bryant, Central Connecticut, Hartford, Maine, Massachusetts and Stonehill. Holy Cross will also host a heptathlon on Wednesday and Thursday, April 17-18 at the Hart Track.
- Junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) set three new school records during the indoor season including the 55-meter dash (7.15 seconds), 60-meter dash (7.53 seconds) and 300-meter dash (40.52 seconds). She also set a new indoor record in the 200-meter dash with a time of 24.29 seconds. Other records that fell this past indoor season included the pole vault, triple jump and indoor 800-meter run. Sophomore Mackenzie Arndt (Merrimack, Mass.) cleared a height of 3.85 meters in the pole vault, sophomore Marissa Romano (Hasbrouck Heights, N.J.) jumped 36'5'' in the triple jump and senior Brittany Gorski (Tewksbury, Mass.) crossed the finish line in the 800 with a time of 2:10.65.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.