Scoreboard: No Team Scores, Duke Invitational, Durham, N.C., 4/5-4/6
No Team Scores, at New Hampshire with Maine, Durham, N.H., 4/6
Schedule: Saturday, April 13 at UMass Invitational, Amherst, Mass., 11:30 a.m.
- The women's track and field team will continue the outdoor season this weekend at the UMass Invitational on Saturday, April 13, at 11:30 a.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders finished third of 15 teams at the UMass Invitational. Junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) finished first in the 100-meter dash and third in the 200-meter dash, graduate Katelyn Hartnett took first in the 800-meter run and the 4x100-meter relay team comprised of sophomore Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.), Okpoebo, senior Melanie Forte (Milford, N.H.) and sophomore Brianna Tabin (South Hadley, Mass.) also took home a first place finish.
- Okpoebo was name M-F Athletic Patriot League Female Track Athlete of the Week for the second time this season last week. The junior sprinted into the Holy Cross record book with a time of 24.19 seconds in the 200-meter dash at the Duke Invitational on Saturday (4/6). She also hit the ECAC qualifying standard in both the 200 and 100-meter (11.92 seconds) dashes. Okpoebo's record setting pace in the 200-meter dash was also the fasted time recorded by any Patriot League student-athlete in that event this season.
- Sophomore Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.) also set a new Holy Cross school record at the Duke Invitational. Mitchell ran the 2,000-meter steeplechase in a time of 7:32.29, taking fourth place in the event.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.