Scoreboard: 1st of 7, Holy Cross Invitational, Worcester, Mass., 4/20
Schedule: Sunday, April 28 at Brown Springtime Invitational, Providence, R.I., 10:00 a.m.
- The women's track and field team will return to action for its final meet before the Patriot League Championship this weekend. The Crusaders will travel to the Brown Springtime Invitational on Sunday, April 28, beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- Last season, the 4x100-meter relay team comprised of sophomore Brianna Tabin (South Hadley, Mass.), senior Melanie Forte (Milford, N.H.), sophomore Katie Bobinski (Torrington, Conn.) and junior Stephanie Okpoebo (Chelmsford, Mass.) led the Crusaders with a first place finish at the Brown Springtime Invitational.
- Freshman thrower Elizabeth Provost (Adams, Mass.) earned M-F Athletic Patriot League Female Rookie of the Week honors last week for her performance at the Holy Cross home meet on Saturday (4/20). Provost placed first in the discus throw (38.41 meters), fifth in the shot put (11.98 meters) and eighth in the hammer throw (39.77 meters). All three distances were personal season-bests and the discus and shot put marks were team season-bests in those events.
- The Crusaders are coming off a first place finish of seven teams at the lone home meet of the season last Saturday. The team posted seven individual first place finishes and added first place finishes in the 4x100 and 4x400 relays to record the victory.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's track and field team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.