Crusaders To Play Two Road Patriot League Matches
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 1-14 (0-2 PL); Last Week: 0-3
Scoreboard: Harvard 3, Holy Cross 1, Cambridge, Mass., 9/22
Colgate 3, Holy Cross 2, Hamilton, N.Y., 9/25
Bucknell 3, Holy Cross 0, Lewisburg, Pa., 9/26
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 2 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 3 at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team will play two Patriot League matches on the road this week. The Crusaders will play at Lafayette on Friday, Oct. 2 at 7:00 p.m., while on Saturday, Oct. 3, they will play at Lehigh at 4:00 p.m. Last season, Holy Cross went 0-2 against both teams as it lost to both schools by a 3-1 score on the road and by a 3-0 score at home.
- Lafayette is 7-5 overall (0-2 Patriot League) as last week it lost to American by a score of 3-0 and to Navy by a score of 3-2. The Leopards will play Manhattan on Sept. 30 before meeting the Crusaders on Oct. 2. The Crusaders and Lafayette have only played one common opponent this season as Holy Cross fell to Providence, 3-2, while the Leopards defeated the Friars, 3-2.
- Lehigh is 9-7 overall (2-0 Patriot League) as it had a very impressive start to the Patriot League season by defeating Navy and American by scores of 3-1. The Crusaders and the Mountain Hawks have each played Providence and Bryant this season. Holy Cross lost to Providence, 3-2, and defeated Bryant, 3-1, while Lehigh defeated Providence, 3-2, and defeated Bryant, 3-0.
- Freshman Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) had another outstanding week as her 56 kills and 4.67 kills per set led the team as she was the named the Patriot League Rookie of the Week for the first time. She posted double-digit kills during all three matches. She reached 20 kills or more twice during the week with 22 against Harvard and 20 versus Colgate, making it three times this season that she has tallied 20 kills or more. Lynch also had 20 digs on the week. Lynch has recorded double-digit kills nine times this season, including seven of the last eight matches. For the season she leads the team and ranks third around the Patriot League with 185 kills and 3.25 kills per set, while she is second on the team with 129 digs and 2.26 digs per set.
- Junior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) leads the Patriot League with 225 digs and is tied for third with 3.95 digs per set. She had 59 digs and 4.92 digs per set last week. She has posted double-digit digs 10 times this season, including three times with over 20 digs. Chisholm has recorded double-digit digs seven straight times. She also leads the team and is tied for sixth around the league with 0.35 service aces per set. The Crusaders are also have a solid defensive season as a team as their 13.56 digs per set are fourth around the league.
- Junior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) had 110 assists and 9.17 assists per set last week. She now has 1,954 career assists moving her to second on the all-time Holy Cross career assists list. Michelle Leahy holds the record with 3,177. Her 8.23 assists per set this season are fifth on the Patriot League leaders list.