Crusaders To Play At Harvard And Then Start League Season
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 1-11 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-4
Scoreboard: Central Connecticut 3, Holy Cross
1, New Britain, Conn., 9/15
Brown 3, Holy Cross 2, Providence, R.I., 9/18
Stony Brook 3, Holy Cross 2, Providence, R.I., 9/19
Brown 3, Holy Cross 1, Providence, R.I., 9/19
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 22 at Harvard,
Cambridge, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 25 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 26 at Bucknell, Lewisburg, Pa., 5:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team will play three matches this week. The Crusaders will play at Harvard on Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 7:00 p.m., and then start the Patriot League season at Colgate on Friday, Sept. 25 at 7:00 p.m. and at Bucknell on Saturday, Sept. 26 at 5:00 p.m. Last season, the Crusaders went 0-2 against the Raiders losing both matches, 3-0, while they also lost twice to the Bison losing 3-0 at home and 3-1 on the road. Colgate is 3-7 overall this season and Bucknell is 4-8.
- Freshman Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) had an outstanding week of competition as her 61 kills and 3.39 kills per set led the team for the week. Also her 64 digs and 3.56 digs per set were second on the team. Lynch's 23 kills against Stony Brook were the most by any Crusader this season. She had three double-doubles on the week giving her four for the season, while she also had double-digit digs all four matches. For the season she leads the team with 129 kills and 2.87 kills per set, while she is second with 109 digs and 2.42 digs per set.
- Junior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) had two double-doubles on the week as she now has five for the season and 16 for her career. Her 48 assists versus Stony Brook were a season best. For the season, O'Donnell has 359 assists and 7.98 assists per set.
- Junior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) leads the team with 166 digs and 3.69 digs per set. She recorded a career-best 30 digs versus Brown on Sept. 18 and has tallied double-digit digs seven times this season. Freshman Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is also having a solid defensive season as she is fourth on the team with 89 digs and 2.07 digs per set. She had a season-best 15 digs at Brown on Sept. 18 and has recorded double-digit digs six times.
- As of Sept. 21, Holy Cross' 13.67 digs per set are the fourth most around the Patriot League. Chisholm's 3.69 digs per set are fourth on the Patriot League leaders list, while she and O'Donnell's 0.36 service aces per set are tied for eighth. Lynch's 2.87 kills per set are eighth and O'Donnell's 7.98 assists per set are fifth.