Overall: 1-16 (0-4 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Lafayette 3, Holy Cross 0, Easton, Pa., 10/2
Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 10/3
Schedule: Thursday, Oct. 8 vs. Bryant, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 10 vs. Army, Worcester, Mass., 5:00 p.m.
- After playing the last nine matches away from Worcester, the Holy Cross volleyball team will play six of its next seven matches at the Holy Cross Field House, including two home matches this week. On Thursday, Oct. 8, the Crusaders will meet Bryant for a non-conference match at 7:00 p.m., while on Saturday, Oct. 10, Holy Cross will play a Patriot League contest versus first-place Army at 5:00 p.m.
- This will be the second time that the Crusaders have played Bryant this season, as Holy Cross won on the road by a score of 3-1 on Sept. 9. Bryant, who plays at Providence on Oct. 6, has a 5-12 record. These two teams have played six common opponents as the Crusaders have a 0-7 record against those teams and Bryant has gone 3-4. Holy Cross lost to Providence, Bucknell, Lehigh, Hartford, Central Connecticut and Brown twice. Bryant defeated Providence and had two victories over Brown, while Bryant lost to Hartford, Central Connecticut, Lehigh and Bucknell.
- Army (16-3 overall) enters Saturday's match on top of the Patriot League standings with a perfect 4-0 record. The Crusaders are 1-7 versus Army over the last four seasons. Holy Cross has lost seven straight against Army as the Crusaders' last victory was a 3-2 home win on Nov. 12, 2005. Army leads the league with 13.21 kills per set, 12.10 assists per set, a .228 hitting percentage and a .152 opponent hitting percentage. Freshman Ariana Mankus leads the conference with 234 kills and 3.44 kills per set.
- Junior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is having an outstanding season as she leads the Patriot League with 247 digs and is tied for second with 3.92 digs per set. She has posted double-digit digs 11 times this season, including three times with over 20 digs. Chisholm also leads the team and is tied for seventh around the league with 0.35 service aces per set.
- Freshman Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) has recorded double-digit kills 10 times this season, including eight of the last 10 matches. She has either led the team or tied for the team-lead for kills 14 out of the 17 matches. For the season she leads the team and ranks third around the Patriot League with 203 kills and 3.22 kills per set, while she is third on the team with 134 digs and 2.13 digs per set.
- Freshman Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is having a strong season at the net as she leads the team with 36 blocks and 0.57 blocks per set. She has either led the team or tied for the team-lead for blocks 10 times this season. She is also fourth on the team with 78 kills.
- Junior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) has 1,997 career assists as she is second on the all-time Holy Cross career assists list. Her 512 assists are fourth on the Patriot League leaders list. O'Donnell's 136 digs and 2.16 digs per set are second on the team.