Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 4-21 (2-8 PL); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Army 3, Holy Cross 0, West Point, N.Y., 10/31
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 6 at American, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 7 at Navy, Annapolis, Md., 2:00 p.m.
- The Crusaders play their final two road games of the regular season this week when they travel to Washington, D.C., to play American (13-11, 7-3 PL) on Nov. 6 at 7:00 p.m., while they will then go to Annapolis, Md., to meet Navy (6-19, 1-9 PL) at 2:00 p.m. on Nov. 7.
- Earlier this season the Crusaders defeated Navy, 3-0, and lost to American, 3-1. Holy Cross is 0-18 all-time against American. Over the last nine matches between the Crusaders and Navy, Holy Cross has a 2-7 record.
- Holy Cross freshman Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) now has 319 kills which puts her fifth on the Holy Cross all-time single-season kills list. Also her 3.51 kills per set currently rank fifth at the school for a single-season. She is second around the league this season in both categories. She has posted double-digit kills 17 times this, while she has either led the team or tied for the team-lead for kills 21 out of 25 matches this season.
- Junior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) now has 774 assists this season which are eighth on the Holy Cross all-time single-season assists list and third on this season's Patriot League leaders list. Her 8.51 assists per set are currently are seventh on the school's single-season list. For her career, O'Donnell is second all-time at Holy Cross with 2,259. She is also tied for fifth around the league with 29 service aces.
- Sophomore Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) is second on the team with 178 kills and is first with 46 blocks, while she also has 46 digs, 21 service aces and 10 assists. For the 2008 season, she recorded 98 kills, 24 digs, 27 blocks, six service aces and four assists. This season she leads the team with a .260 hitting percentage.
- Junior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is fourth around the Patriot League with a career-best 318 digs. She has posted double-digit digs 14 times this season, including three times with over 20 digs.
- Freshman Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is having a strong season at the net as she is second on the team with 45 blocks and 0.49 blocks per set. She has either led the team or tied for the team-lead for blocks 13 times this season. She is also fourth on the team with 124 kills.
- Senior Samantha Surface (Fresno, Calif.) ranks third on the team with 162 kills and 1.86 kills per set, while she is fourth with a career-best 177 digs. For her career she has 647 kills and 475 digs.
- Junior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) has surpassed her best single-season statistics with 92 kills and 27 digs. Last season, she had 68 kills and 21 digs. For her career, DeSanti has recorded 167 kills and 50 digs.
- Freshman Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is fifth on the team with 174 digs and 1.96 digs per set. She has recorded double-digit digs eight times this season.