Volleyball Concludes 2009 Season
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 5-24 (3-11 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/13
Lafayette 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 11/14
Schedule: Season has concluded.
- The Crusaders concluded the 2009 season with a 5-24 overall record (3-11 Patriot League). The five overall wins and the three Patriot League victories are the most since the 2006 season when Holy Cross went 5-20 (3-11 Patriot League).
- Senior Samantha Surface (Fresno, Calif.) ranked third on the team with 188 kills and 1.86 kills per set, while she was also third with a career-best 221 digs. For her career, Surface played 97 matches with 673 kills, 519 digs, 88 blocks and 37 service aces.
- Holy Cross freshman Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) concludes the season with 371 kills which are the second most at Holy Cross for a single-season and the most ever by a Crusader freshman. She recorded seven double-doubles and posted double-digit kills 20 times this season. She either led the team or tied for the team-lead for kills 25 out of 29 matches this season. Lynch finished the season ranked second around the Patriot League with her 371 kills and 3.53 kills per set. She was also impressive defensively as her 233 digs and 2.22 digs per set were second on the team.
- Junior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) ended the season with 893 assists which are second on the Holy Cross all-time single-season assists list and third on this season's Patriot League leaders list. For her career, O'Donnell is second all-time at Holy Cross with 2,378 assists. She also finished the season third around the league with a career-best 37 service aces and was fourth on the team with a career-best 219 digs.
- Junior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) concluded the season fourth around the Patriot League with a career-best 360 digs. Her 360 digs this season are third all-time at the school. She posted double-digit digs 16 times this season, including three times with over 20 digs.
- Sophomore Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) led the team with a .258 hitting percentage. She was second on the team with 205 kills and 49 blocks, while she also had 57 digs and 25 service aces. For the 2008 season, she recorded 98 kills, 24 digs, 27 blocks and six service aces.
- Freshman Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) had a strong season at the net as she led the team with 58 blocks and 0.55 blocks per set. She either led the team or tied for the team-lead for blocks 17 times this season. She was also fourth on the team with 139 kills.
- Junior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) surpassed her best single-season statistics with 101 kills and 34 digs. Last season, she had 68 kills and 21 digs. For her career, DeSanti has recorded 176 kills and 57 digs.
- Freshman Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) finished the season fifth on the team with 191 digs and 1.85 digs per set. She recorded double-digit digs eight times this season.