Crusaders To Play Three Straight Home Matches
Overall: 5-11 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-3
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Harvard 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/14
Brown 3, Holy Cross 0, Providence, R.I., 9/17
Boston College 3, Holy Cross 0, Providence, R.I., 9/18
Rhode Island 3, Holy Cross 0, Providence, R.I., 9/18
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 22 vs. Central Connecticut, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 24 vs. Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 24 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (5-11 overall) will play three matches this week at the Holy Cross Field House, including the first two of the Patriot League season. The Crusaders will take on Central Connecticut (2-8 overall) on Wednesday, Sept. 22, at 7:00 p.m., while Holy Cross will start the Patriot League season on Friday, Sept. 24, versus Lafayette (4-8 overall) at 7:00 p.m., and then play Lehigh (6-6 overall) on Saturday, Sept. 25, at 2:00 p.m.
- Holy Cross lost at Central Connecticut by a 3-1 score last season as CCSU has won nine straight over the Crusaders. Holy Cross' last win versus Central Connecticut was a 3-2 victory on Sept. 5, 2001. Last season, Holy Cross lost both matches to Lafayette, 3-0. The Leopards have won 11 consecutive matches over Holy Cross with the Crusaders' last win being on Oct. 9, 2004, by a 3-1 score. The Crusaders were also swept by Lehigh last season, with 3-0 and 3-1 losses. The Mountain Hawks have won the last four matches in the series, as Holy Cross last defeated Lehigh, 3-0, on Nov. 3, 2007. The Crusaders are 5-5 versus the Mountain Hawks in their last 10 matches.
- The Crusaders are 3-2 at the Holy Cross Field House so far this season. Last season, Holy Cross went 3-8 in Worcester.
- Holy Cross' 889 digs and 88 aces lead the Patriot League, while its 596 assists and 651 kills are second. The Crusaders' .156 hitting percentage is tied for third.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) led the team with 44 kills and was second with 33 digs on the week. She averaged five kills per set in the Crusaders' first win over Harvard since 1993. She was named to the All-Tournament team at the Brown Invitational as she recorded 29 kills and 24 digs in the three matches. Lynch has recorded double-digit kills in 13 of the 16 matches this season, while she has either led or tied for the team-lead in kills in 14 matches. She has nine double-doubles on the season and 16 for her career. Lynch leads the Patriot League with 209 kills, while she is tied for second on the team with 180 digs as her 3.00 digs per set are tied for 10th in the conference.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) has 907 career digs which are ranked fifth all-time at Holy Cross. So far this season she leads the team with 194 digs and 3.23 digs per set as she is ranked first in the Patriot League in total digs. She has recorded double-digit digs in 10 matches this season.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) is already having a career season as her 106 kills, 64 digs and 15 aces are the best for her career. She is second on the team with 2.00 kills per set, while she is ranked third on the team in service aces.
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) leads the Patriot League with 501 assists. She has six double-doubles this season and 25 for her career. O'Donnell now has 2,879 career assists which are second all-time at Holy Cross. O'Donnell is second on the team with 18 service aces and has 98 for her career.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is tied for second on the team with 180 digs as her 3.00 digs per set are tied for 10th in the Patriot League. She is tied for first in the Patriot League with 19 service aces.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ranked sixth in the Patriot League with a .266 hitting percentage. She also leads the team with 25 total blocks. Colpoys is second on the team with 108 kills.