Overall: 10-16 (2-5 PL); Last Week: 1-2
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Quinnipiac 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/13
Colgate 3, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/15
Bucknell 3, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 10/16
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 22 at Lehigh, Bethlehem, Pa., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (10-16 overall, 2-5 Patriot League) will play two Patriot League matches on the road this week. The Crusaders will play at Lehigh (9-10 overall, 3-4 Patriot League) on Friday, Oct. 22, at 7:00 p.m., while on Saturday they will take on Lafayette (4-17 overall, 0-7 Patriot League) on Saturday, Oct. 23, at 2:00p.m.
- The Crusaders fell to Lehigh earlier this season by a 3-1 score at the Holy Cross Field House on Sept. 25. The Mountain Hawks have won the last five matches in the series, as Holy Cross last defeated Lehigh, 3-0, on Nov. 3, 2007. The Crusaders are 4-6 versus the Mountain Hawks in their last 10 matches. Holy Cross defeated Lafayette, 3-0, this season on Sept. 24. This was Holy Cross' first victory over Lafayette since October 9, 2004 as the Leopards had won 11 straight matches over the Crusaders.
- Holy Cross' 10 wins are its most since going 11-14 in 2001. The Crusaders are in sixth place in the Patriot League standings.
- The Crusaders are 3-3 in five-set matches this season. Last year they went 0-5. The Crusaders are 7-7 in three-setters and 0-6 in four-setters.
- The Crusaders are 7-5 at the Holy Cross Field House so far this season. Last season, Holy Cross went 3-8 in Worcester. Holy Cross is 2-4 on a neutral court and 1-7 on its opponent's home court.
- The Crusaders have won 42 sets so far this year. The 42 sets won are the most for Holy Cross since winning 42 in 2001.
- Holy Cross leads the Patriot League in kills (1,083), assists (981) and digs (1,454). The Crusaders are second in aces (132).
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) set a new a Holy Cross career assists record as she now has 3,228. Michelle Leahy (2001-2004) held the record with 3,177 career assists. O'Donnell's 850 assists this year lead the Patriot League and are fifth all-time at Holy Cross for a single season, while her 8.85 assists per set are third in the Patriot League. She has 10 double-doubles this season and 29 for her career. O'Donnell's 90 kills so far this season are a career best. She has 113 career aces which are fifth all-time at Holy Cross as her 33 this season lead the Patriot League. She also has 835 career digs which are seventh all-time at the school as she has a career-best 237 this year.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) leads the Patriot League with 350 kills and is second with 3.65 kills per set. Her 350 kills are fifth all-time at Holy Cross for a season. Her 371 from last season are second all-time, while the record is 396 set by Caitlin Agostinacchio in 2004. Lynch's 721 career kills are already sixth all-time at Holy Cross. She has recorded double-digit kills in 21 of the 26 matches this season as she has either led or tied for the team-lead in kills in 23 matches. Lynch has 16 double-doubles this season and 23 for her career. She is second on the team with a career-best 297 digs as her 3.09 digs per set are 10th in the conference. For her career, Lynch has 530 digs.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is only the fifth Crusader to record 1,000 career digs as her 1,059 career digs are also ranked fifth all-time at Holy Cross. So far this season she leads the team with 346 digs and 3.60 digs per set. She is ranked first in the Patriot League in digs and is fifth in digs per set. Her 346 digs are eighth all-time for a single-season at Holy Cross. She has recorded double-digit digs in 19 matches this season.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ranked 10th in the Patriot League with a .260 hitting percentage. She also leads the team with 43 total blocks and is second on the team with 184 kills. For her career she has 119 blocks and 487 kills.
- Freshman Alex Aycock (Jonesboro, Ark.) is second on the team this season with 2.03 kills per set. Sophomore Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is third on the team with a career-best 264 digs. Sophomore Liz Ashton (Milford, Mass.) is second on the team with a career-best 38 blocks, while she also has a career-best 85 kills. Freshman Christiana Blakeslee (Ashtabula, Ohio) has demonstrated her versatility as she has contributed in all aspects of the sport as she has 47 kills, 24 assists, 12 blocks and 18 digs. Sophomore Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is third on the team with 27 blocks, while she has also recorded 57 kills.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) is having a career season as her 132 kills, 103 digs and 17 aces are the best for her career. She is tied for third on the team in kills.