Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 12-21 (4-10 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Bucknell 3, Holy Cross 1, Lewisburg, Pa., 11/12
Colgate 3, Holy Cross 0, Hamilton, N.Y., 11/13
Schedule: Season has concluded.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (12-21 overall, 4-10 Patriot League) has concluded the 2010 season. Holy Cross' 12 wins were its most since going 12-16 in 2000. Also their four Patriot League victories were their most since they went 6-8 in 2004. The Crusaders won 51 sets this year. The 51 sets won were the most for Holy Cross since winning 55 in 1989. The Crusaders went 4-4 in five-set matches this season, 7-10 in three-setters and 1-7 in four-setters.
- Holy Cross set three team records this season. The Crusaders' 1,368 kills, 1,239 assists and 1,868 digs are all now ranked first at the school. The kills record was 1,275 in 1987, the digs record was 1,808 in 2003 and the assists record was 1,169 in 1991. The Crusaders' 164 aces are ninth all-time, their .152 hitting percentage is ninth and their 150 total blocks are 10th.
- Holy Cross led the Patriot League in digs. The Crusaders were second in kills and assists, while they were third in aces.
- The Crusaders recorded numerous big wins this season. Holy Cross defeated Boston College twice as its win over the Eagles in the season-opener on Aug. 27 was its first since the 1991 season as Boston College had won 15 straight over Holy Cross. The Crusaders also defeated Quinnipiac twice as their win on Aug. 27 was their first over the Bobcats since 2001. The win versus Harvard was Holy Cross' first victory over Harvard since the 1993 season as the Crimson had won 15 straight over the Crusaders. The victory over Central Connecticut was the Crusaders' first win over CCSU since 2001, as CCSU had won nine straight over the Crusaders. Holy Cross defeated Lafayette twice this season as its win on Sept. 24 was Holy Cross' first over Lafayette since October 9, 2004 as the Leopards had won 11 straight matches over the Crusaders.
- The Crusaders started the season 2-0 overall for the first time since 2001. Also this was the first time the Crusaders had ever begun the Patriot League season with a 1-0 record.
- The Crusaders went 8-7 at the Holy Cross Field House this season. Last season, Holy Cross went 3-8 in Worcester.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) concluded the 2010 season with a school record 442 kills, while her 388 digs were fourth all-time. She is the first Crusader in program history to record over 400 kills in a season. She led the Patriot League in kills and was third with 3.59 kills per set and ninth with 3.15 digs per set. Her 3.59 kills per set are ranked 95th nationally. She recorded double-digit kills in 26 of the 33 matches this season as she either led or tied for the team-lead in kills in 30 matches. Lynch had 20 double-doubles this season and 27 for her career. For the season she averaged 3.59 kills per set and 3.15 digs per set. Prior to this season, the last time someone had averaged over three kills and three digs per set in the Patriot League was in the 2006 season. She is the first Crusader to do this since the 2005 season. In only two seasons her 813 career kills are fifth all-time at Holy Cross. She also has 621 career digs. For her career she has recorded double-digit kills in 46 of the 62 matches as she has either led or tied for the team-lead in kills in 55 of the 62 matches.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) set a school record for digs in a season with 442. She is only the fifth Crusader to record 1,000 career digs as her 1,155 career digs are ranked fourth all-time at Holy Cross. She ranked first in the Patriot League in digs and was seventh in digs per set with 3.59. She recorded double-digit digs in 26 matches this season.
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) concludes her career as the all-time career assists leader at the school with 3,465. She also is third all-time in career aces with 120 and is seventh in digs with 893. O'Donnell's 1,087 assists this season are second all-time. She was second in the Patriot League in assists, while her 8.84 assists per set were third in the league. She led the league with 40 aces. She had 13 double-doubles this season and 32 for her career. O'Donnell's 105 kills this season were a career best.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) led the team with a .243 hitting percentage. She also led the team with a career-best 57 total blocks and was second on the team with a career-best 229 kills. For her career she has 133 blocks and 532 kills.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) had a career season as her 150 kills, 113 digs and 18 aces were the best for her career. She was third on the team in kills. For her career she recorded 326 kills, 170 digs and 19 aces.
- Freshman Alex Aycock (Jonesboro, Ark.) was second on the team this season with 1.91 kills per set as she recorded 147 kills. She also tallied 103 digs. Sophomore Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) was third on the team with a career-best 333 digs which are 10th all-time for a season at the school. Sophomore Liz Ashton (Milford, Mass.) was first on the team with 0.57 blocks per set and her career-best 54 blocks were second, while she also had a career-best 121 kills. Sophomore Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) was second on the team with 0.49 blocks per set and was third on the team with 38 blocks, while she also recorded 94 kills. Freshman Christiana Blakeslee (Ashtabula, Ohio) demonstrated her versatility as she contributed in all aspects of the sport as she had 74 kills, 30 assists, 21 blocks and 63 digs.