Crusaders To Play Navy & American At The Holy Cross Field House
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 5-12 (1-1 PL); Last Week: 1-2
Scoreboard: Central Connecticut 3, Holy Cross 0, New Britain, Conn., 9/21
Holy Cross 3, Lafayette 0, Easton, Pa., 9/23
Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 0, Bethlehem, Pa., 9/24
Schedule: Friday, Sept. 30 vs. Navy, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 1 vs. American, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team, which went 1-2 last week and are 5-12 overall (1-1 Patriot League), will play two Patriot League home matches this week. The Crusaders will meet Navy at the Holy Cross Field House on Friday, Sept. 30 at 7:00 p.m., and then they will take on American on Saturday, Oct. 1 in Worcester at 2:00 p.m. Fans can watch the matches by going here.
- Navy is 6-11 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League. Last week, the Midshipmen lost to Colgate by a 3-1 score and then defeated Bucknell, 3-2, as Navy won the last three sets of the match after losing the first two. The Crusaders lost to the Mids in a non-conference match earlier this season on Sept. 17 at the Harvard Invitational by a 3-1 score. The Crusaders have won four straight conference matches versus Navy.
- American is 8-9 overall and 2-0 in the Patriot League with a 3-0 win over Bucknell and a 3-1 victory versus Colgate last week. The Crusaders are 0-21 all-time versus the Eagles.
- Junior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) averaged an outstanding 4.44 kills per set and 3.11 digs per set last week. She recorded two double-doubles including 12 kills and 12 digs in the 3-0 victory at Lafayette. Also during the Lafayette match, Lynch posted her 1,000th career kill. She is only the third player in program history to record 1,000 career kills. Lynch is also the first to reach 1,000 kills as a junior and now has 1,018.
- Senior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) led the Crusaders with 11 blocks last week and was second with 23 kills. This season she leads the team with 51 blocks and is second with 120 kills. For her career she has 652 kills and 184 blocks.
- Holy Cross is tied for second in the Patriot League with 1.86 blocks per set and is fourth with 15.28 digs per set. Lynch is first in the conference with 3.73 kills per set, while Colpoys is seventh with a .271 hitting percentage. Colpoys is also third in blocks per set (0.96) and junior Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is sixth (0.85). Junior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is ranked fourth in the league with 4.23 digs per set, while freshman Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is sixth in assists per set with 7.74 and 10th in aces per set with 0.30.