Crusaders To Play At American & Navy
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 7-20 (3-7 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: New Hampshire 3, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 10/26
Army 3, Holy Cross 0, West Point, N.Y., 10/30
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 4 at American, Washington, D.C., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 5 at Navy, Annapolis, Md., 12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team, which went 0-2 last week and are 7-20 overall (3-7 Patriot League), will play two away Patriot League matches this week. The Crusaders will travel to Washington, D.C. to meet American on Friday, Nov. 4 at 7:00 p.m. at Bender Arena. They will then play Navy in Annapolis, Md., on Saturday, Nov. 5 at the Wesley A. Brown Field House. Fans can watch the American match by going here.
- American, who defeated the Crusaders by a 3-1 score at the Holy Cross Field House on Oct. 1, is tied for first place in the Patriot League with a 9-1 record. The Eagles are also 17-10 overall. American's only league loss was a 3-0 defeat at Lehigh on Oct. 15. The Crusaders are 0-22 all-time versus the Eagles.
- Navy is tied for seventh in the Patriot League standings with a 1-9 record. The Midshipmen are also 6-19 overall. The Crusaders are 1-1 this season versus Navy with a 3-1 loss to the Mids in a non-conference match earlier this season at the Harvard Invitational and a 3-0 league win at the Holy Cross Field House on Sept. 30. The Crusaders have won five straight conference matches versus Navy.
- Senior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) has a career-best 72 blocks this year, which are tied for 10th all-time for a season at the school. Her 205 career blocks are fifth all-time at the school and her 727 career kills are seventh. Her .238 career hitting percentage is second all-time in program history. She is the first Crusader to record over 700 kills and 200 blocks. Colpoys has been a part of 25 wins during her career which are the most by a senior class since the 2006 class posted 26 wins in its career.
- Junior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) is second all-time in school history with 1,167 career kills and is eighth with 884 career digs. She is just one of three players in program history to record over 1,000 kills and 800 digs. Her 34 kills versus Bryant on Oct. 5 are the second most in Division I this season. Lynch's 3.93 kills per set are ranked 59th nationally. Her 354 kills this season are ranked fifth all-time at Holy Cross. She holds the school record with 442 in 2010 and is third with 371 in 2009.
- Junior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) leads the team with a career-best 356 digs which are ranked seventh all-time for a season at the school. Her 3.91 digs per set are second all-time. Watters has 880 career digs which are ninth all-time.
- Holy Cross is third in the Patriot League with 15.07 digs per set. Lynch is first in the conference with 354 kills and 3.93 kills per set. Colpoys is seventh with a .262 hitting percentage. Colpoys is also sixth in blocks per set (0.82) and junior Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is seventh (0.78). Watters is ranked fourth in the league with 3.91 digs per set and freshman Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is fourth in assists per set with 8.39. Lynch is tied for ninth with 0.31 aces per set and is also 10th with 2.92 digs per set.