Volleyball Set To Conclude 2011 Season With Two Home Matches On Nov. 11-12
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 8-21 (4-8 PL); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: American 3, Holy Cross 0, Washington, D.C., 11/4
Holy Cross 3, Navy 0, Annapolis, Md., 11/5
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 11 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 12 vs. Colgate, Worcester, Mass., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team, which went 1-1 last week and is 8-21 overall (4-8 Patriot League), will conclude the 2011 season with two home Patriot League matches this week. The Crusaders will meet Bucknell on Friday, Nov. 11 at the Holy Cross Field House at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then play Colgate on Saturday, Nov. 12 at 3:00 p.m., on Senior Day. Fans can watch both matches by going here.
- Bucknell, who defeated the Crusaders by a 3-0 score on Oct. 15, is sixth in the Patriot League with a 3-9 record. The Bison are also 6-15 overall. The Crusaders have lost three straight to Bucknell and 19 of their last 20 versus the Bison. The Crusaders' recent win was a 3-1 victory on Oct. 23, 2009.
- Colgate, who defeated the Crusaders, 3-1, on Oct. 14, is in fourth place in the conference standings and has qualified for the Patriot League Tournament. The Raiders are 8-4 in the league and 12-15 overall. Holy Cross has lost 13 straight matches to the Raiders with its last win being on Nov. 12, 2004.
- The Crusaders are in fifth place in Patriot League standings. Last year, Holy Cross finished in sixth place with a 4-10 record.
- Senior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) has a career-best 74 blocks this year which are ninth all-time for a season at the school. Her 207 career blocks are fifth all-time and her 735 career kills are seventh. Her .235 career hitting percentage is second all-time in program history. She is the first Crusader to record over 700 kills and 200 blocks. Colpoys has been a part of 26 wins during her career which are the most by a senior class since the 2006 class also posted 26 wins in its career.
- Junior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) led the team with 18 kills and 3.00 kills per set on the week, recording 11 kills and 3.67 kills per set in the 3-0 win at Navy. Her 372 kills this season are ranked third all-time at Holy Cross. She holds the school record with 442 in 2010 and is fourth with 371 in 2009. She is second all-time in school history with 1,185 career kills and is tied for eighth with 893 career digs. She is just one of three players in program history to record over 1,000 kills and 800 digs. Her 34 kills versus Bryant on Oct. 5 are the third most in Division I in the nation this season. Lynch's 3.88 kills per set are ranked 65th nationally.
- Junior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is seventh all-time at the school with 902 career digs. Her 378 digs this season are a career best and are fifth all-time for a season. Her 3.90 digs per set this season are second all-time.
- Holy Cross is third in the Patriot League with 14.76 digs per set. Lynch is first in the conference with 372 kills and 3.88 kills per set. Colpoys is sixth in blocks per set (0.79) and junior Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is seventh (0.78). Watters is ranked fourth in the league with 3.90 digs per set and freshman Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is fourth in assists per set with 8.35. Lynch is tied for ninth with 0.30 aces per set.