November 15, 2011
Holy Cross Volleyball
Volleyball Concludes 2011 Season
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 10-21 (6-8 PL); Last Week: 2-0
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Bucknell 0, Worcester, Mass., 11/11
Holy Cross 3, Colgate 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/12
Schedule: Season has concluded.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team finished the 2011 season with a 10-21 overall record (6-8 Patriot League). The Crusaders concluded the season with three straight Patriot League victories. This was the first time they had won three straight league matches since winning four in row in the 2000 season. The Crusaders' six Patriot League wins tied their most ever as they went 6-8 in 2004 and 6-6 in 2000. Holy Cross' fifth place finish in the league is its best since placing fifth in 2004.
- The Crusaders defeated Bucknell and Colgate in the last week of the season. This was the first time the Crusaders have gone 2-0 in a week of Patriot League action since defeating Lehigh (Oct. 8) and Lafayette (Oct. 9) in 2004. This was the first win by the Crusaders over the Raiders since a 3-0 victory on Nov. 12, 2004 as Colgate had won 13 straight in the series.
- Senior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) is the first Crusader to record over 700 kills and 200 blocks. Colpoys' 214 career blocks are fourth all-time at the school and her 755 career kills are seventh. She is just one of four Crusaders to record over 200 kills in three straight seasons over the last 10 years. She had a career-best 81 blocks this year, which are sixth all-time for a season in program history. Colpoys has been one of the most efficient and accurate offensive players in program history as her .236 career hitting percentage is second all-time.
- Junior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) concluded the season with 405 kills which are second all-time at the school behind her own record of 442 in 2010. She is the only player in program history to record over 400 kills in a season. She is second all-time in school history with 1,218 career kills and is seventh with 919 career digs. Lynch is just one of two players in program history to record over 1,000 kills and 900 digs. Her 34 kills versus Bryant on Oct. 5 are the third most in Division I in the nation this season. Lynch's 3.93 kills per set are ranked 53rd nationally.
- Junior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is sixth all-time at the school with 928 career digs. Her 404 digs this season are fourth all-time and her 3.88 digs per set are second.
- Freshman Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) concluded the season with 836 assists which are eighth all-time for a season in program history. Her 8.53 assists per set rank ninth.
- Holy Cross is third in the Patriot League with 14.84 digs per set. Lynch is first in the conference with 405 kills and 3.93 kills per set. Colpoys is sixth in blocks per set (0.80) and junior Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is seventh (0.78). Watters is ranked fourth in the league with 3.88 digs per set and Stokes is fourth in assists per set with 8.53. Lynch is tied for ninth with 0.30 aces per set and is 10th with 2.89 digs per set.