Crusaders To Travel To UNH For Holly Young Invitational
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 0-6 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-3
Scoreboard: Brown 3, Holy Cross 1, New Britain, Conn., 8/31
Central Connecticut 3, Holy Cross 0, New Britain, Conn., 9/1
St. John's 3, Holy Cross 0, New Britain, Conn., 9/1
Schedule: Friday, Sept. 7 at New Hampshire, Durham, N.H., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 8 vs. William & Mary, Durham, N.H., 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, Sept. 8 vs. Central Connecticut, Durham, N.H., 4:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team will return to action when it plays at New Hampshire's Holly Young Invitational in Durham, N.H., on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 7-8. On Friday, the Crusaders will meet New Hampshire at 7:00 p.m., while on Saturday they will play William & Mary at 10:00 a.m. and Central Connecticut at 4:30 p.m. This is the first time that Holy Cross has competed in a tournament at UNH since the 2007 season.
- New Hampshire is 2-5 so far this season. The Crusaders have lost 10 straight to the Wildcats. Last season, UNH defeated Holy Cross by a 3-1 score. Holy Cross' last win versus New Hampshire was a 2-0 victory in the 1985 season. The Crusaders also won by a 3-0 score versus the Wildcats in 1985. Holy Cross head coach Erin Cady is a 2006 graduate of New Hampshire as she was a three-time All-America East Conference selection and a two-time team captain. Walker was also a graduate assistant coach at UNH for the 2008 and 2009 seasons. William & Mary is 3-4 so far this season. This will be the first meeting between the Crusaders and the Tribe. Central Connecticut is also 3-4 this season including a 3-0 win over the Crusaders last week at the Central Connecticut Invitational on Sept. 1.
- Senior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) now holds the school's all-time career kills record. She now has 1,271 kills. The record was 1,246 set by Christine Strawson (2004-2007).
- Senior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) has 993 career digs. She leads the team this season with 65 digs.
- Freshman Emily Oliver (Carlsbad, Calif.) was named to the Central Connecticut Invitational All-Tournament team. She posted her first double-digit kills match of her collegiate career with 12 versus Brown on Aug. 31. She also recorded a .423 hitting percentage in the match and a .333 hitting percentage for the tournament. Oliver leads the team this season with a .327 hitting percentage.
- The Crusaders are ranked second in the Patriot League with 2.21 blocks per set. Sophomore Mary-Kate Short (Lighthouse Point, Fla.) is third in the conference with 0.94 blocks per set, while sophomore Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is sixth with 0.89 blocks per set. Watters is seventh with 3.42 digs per set. Lynch is fifth in the Patriot League with 2.79 kills per set. Stokes is fifth with 5.83 assists per set. Oliver is second in the Patriot League with a .327 hitting percentage.