Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 0-13 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-4
Scoreboard: Hartford 3, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 9/11
Akron 3, Holy Cross 0, Smithfield, R.I., 9/14
Northern Kentucky 3, Holy Cross 0, Smithfield, R.I., 9/14
Bryant 3, Holy Cross 0, Smithfield, R.I., 9/14
Schedule: Friday, Sept. 21 at Navy, Annapolis, Md., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 22 at American, Washington, D.C., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team will return to action when it opens Patriot League play with a match versus Navy in Annapolis, Md., on Friday, Sept. 21 at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then go to Washington, D.C., to meet American on Saturday, Sept. 22 at 2:00 p.m.
- Navy is 4-8 so far this season. The Crusaders went 2-1 versus the Mids last season including taking both Patriot League matches. The Crusaders have won six straight league matches versus Navy. American, who plays Coppin State on Sept. 19 and Army on Sept. 21, are 6-5 overall this season. The Crusaders are 0-23 all-time versus the Eagles.
- Sophomore Heather Roberts (San Jose, Calif.) was named to the Hampton Inn Invitational All-Tournament team. She had 17 kills and 20 digs throughout the three matches.
- Senior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) now has 1,102 career digs moving her to fifth all-time in program history. She leads the team this season with 174 digs.
- Freshman Emily Oliver (Carlsbad, Calif.) is fourth in the Patriot League with a .265 hitting percentage. Watters is sixth in the conference with 4.05 digs per set. Sophomore Mary-Kate Short (Lighthouse Point, Fla.) ranks 10th in the conference with 0.79 blocks per set. Senior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) is fifth in the Patriot League with 2.74 kills per set. Sophomore Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is 10th in the league with 3.98 assists per set.