Crusaders Travel To West Point To Meet Army On Oct. 6
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 1-17 (1-3 PL); Last Week: 1-2
Scoreboard: Harvard 3, Holy Cross 1, Cambridge, Mass., 9/25
Colgate 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/28
Holy Cross 3, Bucknell 1, Worcester, Mass., 9/29
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 6 at Army, West Point, N.Y., 7:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team will return to action on Saturday, Oct. 6, when it travels to West Point, N.Y., to play Army at 7:30 p.m. at Gillis Field House. The Black Knights are 11-6 overall and are tied for second place in the Patriot League with a 3-1 record. Holy Cross has lost 12 straight matches to Army. The Crusaders' last win over the Black Knights was a 3-2 victory on Nov. 12, 2005 in Worcester.
- Senior captain Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) now has 1,363 kills and 1,013 digs. She is the first player in program history to post over 1,000 career kills and 1,000 career digs.
- Sophomore Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) posted two double-doubles last week. She also tallied a career-best seven aces versus Bucknell. Stokes has four double-doubles this season and 13 for her career. She leads the team with 292 assists and 12 aces, while she is second with 143 digs.
- Senior captain Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) now has 1,173 career digs which are fourth on the school's all-time digs list. She leads the team this season with 245 digs.
- Watters is fifth in the conference with 4.08 digs per set, while Lynch is eighth in the Patriot League with 2.59 kills per set. Stokes is also eighth in the league with 4.87 assists per set.