HC To Play At Hartford & At Brown Invitational
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 2-3 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Harvard 3, Holy Cross 2, Cambridge, Mass., 9/6
Holy Cross 3, Hofstra 0, Cambridge, Mass., 9/7
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 10 at Hartford, West Hartford, Conn., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 13 at Brown, Providence, R.I., 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 14 vs. Eastern Michigan, Providence, R.I., 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, Sept. 14 vs. Bryant, Providence, R.I., 4:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (2-3) will return to action on action on Tuesday, Sept. 10, when it travels to West Hartford, Conn., to play Hartford at 7:00 p.m. at the Reich Family Pavilion. The Hawks are 2-6 overall so far this season. Last year, the Crusaders lost to the Hawks on Sept. 11 by a 3-2 score. The Crusaders then compete at the Brown Invitational in Providence, R.I., on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 13-14, at the Pizzitola Center. Holy Cross will play Brown (0-3 overall), Eastern Michigan (3-4 overall) and Bryant (0-6 overall).
- Freshman Natalie Welsch (Eden Prairie, Minn.) leads the team and is fifth in the Patriot League with 3.06 kills per set. Also her .364 hitting percentage is fifth in the league. She has totaled double-digit kills for the last three matches. Welsch was named to the Harvard Invitational All-Tournament team.
- Freshman Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) leads the team and is ranked fourth in the Patriot League with 4.65 digs per set. She has tallied 22 digs or more in three straight matches. Her 31 digs versus Harvard were the most by a Crusader in a match since Angela Chisholm tallied 33 digs versus Hartford on Sept. 7, 2010. Popp was recently named to the Harvard Invitational All-Tournament team.
- Freshman Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) is ranked third in the Patriot League with a .384 hitting percentage. Also her 6.89 assists per set are seventh in the conference. Junior Kamele Shizuru (Kailua, Hawaii) is fifth in the Patriot League with 1.00 blocks per set, while junior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is sixth in the league with 0.44 aces per set.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.