Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 6-8 (1-2 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Central Connecticut 3, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 9/25
Colgate 3, Holy Cross 0, Hamilton, N.Y., 9/28
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 4 at American, Washington, D.C., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 5 at Loyola (Md.), Baltimore, Md., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (6-8 overall, 1-2 Patriot League) will return to action on Friday, Oct. 4, when it travels to Washington, D.C., to take on Patriot League opponent American at 7:00 p.m. The Eagles are 16-1 overall and 2-0 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders are 0-25 all-time versus American. Holy Cross will then play first-year Patriot League member Loyola (Md.) on Saturday, Oct. 5 at 2:00 p.m. in Baltimore, Md. The Greyhounds are 4-10 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders are 0-1 all-time versus Loyola (Md.) as the Greyhounds won the matchup at the Crusader Classic by a 3-2 score on Sept. 8, 2007.
- The team's 1.98 blocks per set are third in the Patriot League and its 1.48 aces per set are fifth in the league.
- Freshman Natalie Welsch (Eden Prairie, Minn.) leads the team and is seventh in the Patriot League with 2.96 kills per set. She has totaled double-digit kills five times this.
- Freshman Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) leads the team and is ranked fourth in the Patriot League with 4.45 digs per set. She is also ranked 84th nationally in digs per set. She has tallied double-digit digs 11 times this season.
- Freshman Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) is ranked seventh in the Patriot League with 7.09 assists per set. She has a team-best five double-doubles this season. Junior Kamele Shizuru (Kailua, Hawaii) is seventh in the Patriot League with 0.86 blocks per set, while junior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is fourth in the league and 48th nationally with 0.42 aces per set.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.