Crusaders To Conclude Season At Lafayette And Navy
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 7-19 (2-12 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Loyola (Md.) 3, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/8
American 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 11/9
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 15 at Lafayette, Easton, Pa., 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 16 at Navy, Annapolis, Md.,12:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (7-19 overall, 2-12 Patriot League) will finish up its season with two Patriot League matches this weekend. The Crusaders will travel to Lafayette on Friday, Nov. 15 at 5:00 p.m. and Navy on Saturday Nov. 16 at 12:00 p.m. Lafayette is 10-15 overall and 2-12 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders beat the Leopards 3-0 earlier this season on Oct. 12. Navy is 12-14 overall and 8-5 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders lost to the Midshipmen this season, 3-0, on Oct. 11.
- Senior Alex Aycock (Jonesboro, Ark.) was honored for her four year commitment to the team on Nov. 9 during Senior Day. Aycock has been a part of 32 wins during her career which are the most by a senior class since the 2004 class posted 33 victories. Aycock's career statistics consist of 326 kills, 171 digs, and 47 blocks. Her 326 kills are the most of any current player and her career-best 2.00 kills per game are third best this season.
- The Crusaders' 1.66 aces per set are third in the Patriot League and 27th nationally. Junior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is ranked second in the Patriot League and 15th nationally with 0.45 aces per set.
- Freshman Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) is ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 87th nationally with 4.58 digs per set. Her 4.58 digs per set are also currently ranked first all-time for a season in school history. She has tallied double-digit digs 22 times this season. Her 403 digs are fifth all-time for a season in program history and are the most ever by a Crusader freshman. Popp was also named Patriot League Molten Rookie of the Week on Nov. 11 for her amazing performance against Loyola (Md.) and American. This was her first Patriot League honor and she is only the third Crusader ever to earn this award.
- Freshman Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) is ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 25th nationally with 0.41 aces per set. She also has a team-best eight double-doubles this season.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.