Nov. 18, 2008
Overall: 1-25 (0-14 Patriot League): Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: American 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 11/14 Navy 3, Holy Cross 1, Worcester, Mass., 11/15
- The Holy Cross volleyball team concluded the season with two home Patriot League losses to end the year with a 1-25 overall record and a 0-14 mark in the Patriot League.
- Before the match on Nov. 15, senior co-captain Molly Anderson (Weston, Conn.) was honored for her hard work and dedication to the volleyball program. She concluded her Holy Cross career with an outstanding performance with a season-best 24 digs. Anderson played in all 105 matches that the Crusaders played in during her career as she is only one of four players to record 1,000 career digs. Her 1,092 career digs are fourth all-time in school history. She also has 106 career service aces which are also fourth all-time.
- Freshman Libby Malloy (Stratford, Conn.) concluded her rookie season with a stellar match on Nov. 15 with her first career double-double with a career-best 13 kills and a career-best 16 digs.
- Sophomore setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) had eight double-doubles this year including one in the last match of the season with 42 assists and 11 digs. She now has 11 career double-doubles. For the season she had 594 assists and her 1,485 career assists are fifth all-time at Holy Cross. She also led the team with a career-best 22 service aces.
- Junior co-captain Samantha Surface (Fresno, Calif.) had four double-doubles this season including one in the final match of the year with 11 kills and 10 digs. She now has six career double-doubles as she led the team with a career best 209 kills and a career-best 2.38 kills per set. She also had a career-best 161 digs and 13 services aces.
- Junior Liz Auger (Barnstable, Mass.) finished the season second on the team with 192 kills and 2.37 kills per set. This year she set career-best marks in digs with 102, digs per set with 1.26, total blocks with 14 and service aces with 10. Auger's 674 career kills are the most by any current Crusader.
- Sophomore libero Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) led the team with a career-best 241 digs and a career best 3.21 digs per set which are ranked fifth in the Patriot League.