Scoreboard: 10th of 43, New England Championship, Boston, Mass., 10/12
Schedule: Saturday, Nov. 2 at Patriot League Championship, Easton, Pa., 11:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's cross country team will return to action on Saturday, Nov. 2, at the Patriot League Championship, hosted by Lafayette. The race will be held at the Metzgar Athletic Complex in Easton, Pa. and is scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m.
- The Crusaders finished sixth at last year's Patriot League Championship. Senior Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.) led the team with a 17th place finish on the 6K Harold H. Lang Cross Country Course at Colgate. Other returning runners from the 2012 Patriot League Championship include seniors Sandra van den Heuvel (Nashua, N.H.) and Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.),junior Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.) and sophomores Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.) and Katie Holdridge (Preston, Conn.).
- The Crusaders have not raced in competition since the New England Championship on Oct. 12. Carley led Holy Cross with a 32nd place finish of 283 runners with a time of 18:24. She bettered her career-fastest time from the 2012 New England Championship by 31 seconds.
- Freshman Mary Welsh (Manhasset, N.Y.) earned M-F Athletic Patriot League Cross Country Rookie of the Week for her performance at the New England Championship. Welsh was the top freshman finisher for the Crusaders, taking 82nd at 18:56. This was the first league recognition for Welsh and the first time this season any Holy Cross runner has been honored by the conference.
- The Crusaders raced in six events this season to prepare for this weekend's Patriot League Championship. Qualifying members of the team may also compete at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15 and IC4A Championship on Nov. 23.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.