Scoreboard: 3rd of 17, ECAC Championship, Bronx, N.Y., 11/23
- Last Saturday, Nov. 23, the women's cross country team wrapped up its season at the ECAC Championship in Bronx, N.Y. The Crusaders sent 11 runners including seniors Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.), and Sandra van den Heuvel (Nashua, N.H.), sophomore Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.) and freshman Mary Welsh (Manhasset, N.Y.) to the ECAC Championship. Holy Cross earned 126 points, placing them in third behind Pittsburgh (83) and Sacred Heart (95).
- The Crusaders finished in third place out of 17 teams in the University race at the ECAC Championship led by Hughes. Hughes finished the race in eighth place out of 162 runners with a time of 18:37:9 on the 5K course. Carley (Barrington, Ill.) finished behind Hughes in 15th place at 18:47.3, while freshman Welsh and senior van den Heuvel took 27th (19:04.9) and 29th (19:12.5), respectively.
- Freshman Caroline Carr (Ridgefield, Conn.) crossed the finish line in 50th place with a time of 19.36.1, while freshman Rachel Sowinski (Mountain Top, Pa.) took 57th (19.49.6) and sophomore Katie Holdridge (Preston, Conn.) finished 62nd with a time of 19.52.7.
- Hughes led the team this season as the top Crusader finisher in seven of the eight races she competed in. Senior Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.) and sophomore Cassie Gildea (Milford, Conn.) also posted a top Holy Cross finish. Of the six 5K races the Crusaders participated in this season, Waldron posted the best time of 18:10 at the New Hampshire (8/31).
- The ECAC Championship was the last race for the women's cross country team this season.